SAU Community

importing half cuts

wagonshaw

• 2 years later...

SUPERBUMP!!!!

I am looking into a half cut myself (Stagea RS4) but, as mentioned above, the prices they are quoting are simply ridiculous. They are quoting the FOB price of a complete car just for a half cut FFS!

Also, due to the fact that it is 4WD, is there any way at all of bringing in a complete car just for parts? Its not essential, but the attessa ontroller / pump etc is all located in the rear cargo area so a half cut is kinda limited use only, and I NEED the panel work, but I would LIKE all the other gear as well, as I own a series 1 but I would like to bring in a Series 2 (Neo eng etc etc)

Any advice would be most appreciated.

SUPERBUMP!!!!

I am looking into a half cut myself (Stagea RS4) but, as mentioned above, the prices they are quoting are simply ridiculous. They are quoting the FOB price of a complete car just for a half cut FFS!

well a half cut comes from a whole car. to get a half cut you have to buy a whole car, then cut it in half. it's not like they can go to auctions and say: "I like that car, can I just take the front half and give you half the asking price..." add to that the cost of cutting the thing up, then shipping it... etc etc.

My point is though, that once you cut a car in half it is no longer worth the same a a whole car. Also, I am looking at places here in australia and I know that they don't pay for a whole car when they import a half cut, so why the hell should I? You just need to look at the auction results to see the proof.

Anywhoo, I am trying to find people that are able to help me import either my own half cut, or an entire car even, with no intention at all to ever try and get it complied or licenced. I understand that there is a fair bit of difference in customs and duty though. Can anyone confirm this?

My point is though, that once you cut a car in half it is no longer worth the same a a whole car. Also, I am looking at places here in australia and I know that they don't pay for a whole car when they import a half cut, so why the hell should I? You just need to look at the auction results to see the proof.

Anywhoo, I am trying to find people that are able to help me import either my own half cut, or an entire car even, with no intention at all to ever try and get it complied or licenced. I understand that there is a fair bit of difference in customs and duty though. Can anyone confirm this?

With out sounding rude it will never happen unless you want to spend more doing it your self compared to buying it direct off Just Jap even when their in a bad mood and want drug money, it isn't as simple as some people think, I know people in Japan involved in this industry and they would rather have tea with their Japanese wifes 70 year old mother when the other option is cut and pack half cuts into containers in the stinking heat.

Again as I say if it is that easy everyone would be doing it and you wouldn't need to ask questions.

• 2 weeks later...

if it's being used as a parts car would customs even need to know about it??

it's not going to be registered anyway so why would it matter??

stupid question but that's the way i see it.

if it's being used as a parts car would customs even need to know about it??

it's not going to be registered anyway so why would it matter??

stupid question but that's the way i see it.

Pretty simple really. For the assessment and payment of all duties and taxes applicable as a result of importation into Australia.

• 3 months later...

interested in importing half cuts as well..

I come from malaysia and from the wreckers i've seen back in my home country, there are loads of goodies that i can't just bring back here by flight..if there's anyway for me to import a halfcut from my home country to aussie..it would be great!

just put em in a container, easy, no duty on 2nd hand parts.

interested in importing half cuts as well..

I come from malaysia and from the wreckers i've seen back in my home country, there are loads of goodies that i can't just bring back here by flight..if there's anyway for me to import a halfcut from my home country to aussie..it would be great!

• 3 weeks later...

So you saying I can go to japan, Buy an engine and a few second hand bits and put it in a container and it will be all good when I bring it in to australia?? I have a freind who lives in japan also would this help??

would like to know some information on importing a half cut. any websites and any importers that you can lead me onto would be great. im sorry if it has been asked before but i could find anything relating to it.

Hi,

Which part you wanted? Head or Tail?

:D