SAU Community

XTC Drift Day @ Morwell - 6th November

Dr_Drift

To all those who came last time I would sincerely like to thank you all for your excellent behaviour. Now that the first event has been finished we're inviting all drifters, beginers to advanced.....

WHERE: Morwell Hill Climb Circuit

WHEN: 6th November 2004, 9:00 am till 6:00 pm

COST: $75 Track Fee, $25 Annual Membership

Morwell is located about two hours out of Melbourne. The event will receive coverage in magazine (most likely Drift Battle). The track will be available for the whole day with marshals present for safety. Numbers will be strictly limited to ensure maximum track time. $5 per car donation entry for all spectators. All profits will be donated to the Track. There are BP and Mobil servo's with 98 octane locally

There will be a drivers briefing at 10am and is ESSENTIAL for all drivers, if you miss it you don't drive.

Remeber:

1. Two hours drive down and back

2. Can transport all their own spare rims and tires (no fitting available)

3. $50 Deposit required to confirm place

Please e-mail, call me on 0425 818 755, or drop in at XTC to arrange payments.

Doc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The $25 covers membership to Gippsland Car Club for drift events only, this allows for the public liability insurance through CAMS.

Safety - There will be extinguishers around the track, but one in your car is highly preferred, helmets are essential.

The $25 covers membership to Gippsland Car Club for drift events only, this allows for the public liability insurance through CAMS.

So if you already have a current CAMS L2S then this is not required?

I'm confused. I thought it either was a CAMS event fully covered by CAMS or wasn't. Either way I will be happy to pay if the event is good.

Is morwell a good place for drifting? I haven't been their before, but I was under the impression that it was a thin track, with tight corners. No much good for big boat GTR's

big boat GTRs arent exactly easy to drift in the first place... ud be better off in ur gem :(

hmmmm if i can scrape the money up for it i might be able to bring the ceffy.

do u have to go thru any scrutineering sam?

if not... will make it much easier :(

In full RWD the R should drift nicely..... check out drift battle issue 3.... I was drifting the white ceffy on the cover... the photo's were taken at morwell so it shoul give you some idea...

Alex might be bringing a tyre machine so that should be all good! will also have a heap of second hand tyres for people to use at a good price.

I am just trying to organise a trailer... i dont wanna risk driving all that way with no rego or plates.