SAU Community

r33 eyelids, what do you think of these??

hi guys,

for a while now i've wanted eyelids for my r33, but didnt want to fork out the cash.

I work as a laser operator and i can cut what ever i need which is great, today i was bored so i decided to see if i could cut some eyelids for my car. i worked on it here and there all day, and finally came up with something, i dont think they look too bad, but i want opinions and advice from you guys.

it's been cut out of 0.6mm steel so its flexible to bend around the headlight.

i've only made 1 so far to see how it would look, got home, sprayed in a gloss black to roughly match the car to get to see what it would look like.

i'll make more of an effort once i have the final product and shape perfected.

anyway, let me know what you's think

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not bad at all good work

thanx, but does it need to be changed in any way??

any suggestions??

cos im not sure, something doesnt look right...

i cant find any decent pics of r33's with eyelids, if anyone has any pls post them.

need more feedback

Guest RedLineGTR

most of the ones i have seen arn't just straight the continue down the side of the headlight as well (parker side) will try and find a good photo for you. Cheers Rob

Guest RedLineGTR

Still looking for some decent photos. This one I dug up but since the car is white the eyelids almost blend into the guards (makes them hard to see).

Don't know if you can see what I’m getting at but they continue around/along the side where the parker part of the headlight is.

Still looking for some decent photos. This one I dug up but since the car is white the eyelids almost blend into the guards (makes them hard to see).

Don't know if you can see what I’m getting at but they continue around/along the side where the parker part of the headlight is.

i get what you mean.

havent seen them like that before, but it would take me 2 mins to alter it like that, might make a few different sets, see what people think/like...

the bigger the size you can post the better so i can zoom in close.

Let me drive: i wont be able to paint them for you, as i dont have access to paints that will match your car, but as soon as i have perfected it i might put them in the for sales section, in bare metal. then you can apint them yourself

thanx alot for all your feedback, but more is appreciated and pics too.

one more thing: if anybody actually has proper eyelids and can be bothered, could you pls trace the outline of the eyelids so i can get an exact eyelid shape to go off.

Guest RedLineGTR

Here is the biggest size i have (had to compress it a bit but its in high res). If you do end up selling some after you are happy with the product. i Would be happy to purchase either one. Hope it all goes well. Cheers Rob

that shouldnt be a problem.

looks easier, only problem is i need the car here at work or at least the headlight to work off, or a stencil/trace of the original eyelid.

im currently working on the yelid that redlinegtr mentioned, the one that curves all the way round the headlight. im almost finished.

as soon as i get home i'll spray it, put it on my car and take a photo to show you guys.

hope i can finish it, to man6y bosses walking around today, hehe