SAU Community

s15 =>RB26 conversion

Thirdly, why do you want to put an RB26 in the S15? You have to ask yourself some pretty serious questions about cost vs benefit.  A well built SR will be reliable up to quite a number of kay-dubyas (i don't have experience, but may people build mega hp SRs). What sort of hp do you want? RB26s are expensive to make high hp (compared to SRs) - would it be more effiecient to spend all the custom fab cost of dropping in the RB on modifying the SR anyway? And would the chassis balance be ruined by dropping in another (guessing) 100kgs in the front end? eg. Meggala pulled out an RB20 from his Ceffy and dropped in a SR.

Most poeple do it cause to be honest unless you have some seriou cash and an awesome engie builder the SR wont last at power levels above 330rwkw..... at this power level you will have to have the block sleeved and have some pretty serious internals.... when you think of what it could cost to have an RB26 in a 200SX it makes sense to replace the SR. An RB26 wil hold 350rwkw with ease and would not take a heap of work to get it there, some nice turbo's, cams, gearsand the ususal bolt ons would support this pwoer level ;):D

Chassis balance wise...... there is no hassles with an RB26 in a 200SX if your not a very serious track racer. There is about 100kgs difference and most of this would be the gearbox. Using an RB26 you will see very little change to the handling and traction wil actually be improved with the right suspension set up due to the more linear power delivery. kw for kw the RB26 will make a far quicker and nicer car to drive than the SR ever will :):D

Definitely a converison worth doing if you can afford to do it properly.... brakes, oil cooler and larger sump are a definite for logevity of the RB26 as well ;):D

Most poeple do it cause to be honest unless you have some seriou cash and an awesome engie builder the SR wont last at power levels above 330rwkw..... at this power level you will have to have the block sleeved and have some pretty serious internals.... when you think of what it could cost to have an RB26 in a 200SX it makes sense to replace the SR. An RB26 wil hold 350rwkw with ease and would not take a heap of work to get it there, some nice turbo's, cams, gearsand the ususal bolt ons would support this pwoer level :D:D

Chassis balance wise...... there is no hassles with an RB26 in a 200SX if your not a very serious track racer. There is about 100kgs difference and most of this would be the gearbox. Using an RB26 you will see very little change to the handling and traction wil actually be improved with the right suspension set up due to the more linear power delivery. kw for kw the RB26 will make a far quicker and nicer car to drive than the SR ever will :P:D

Definitely a converison worth doing if you can afford to do it properly.... brakes, oil cooler and larger sump are a definite for logevity of the RB26 as well :):D

Very true but if it was a S13 or even S14 yes but a nice S15 i would think more that twice before doing the convesion.

Theres a S15 that runs 10's using the SR20 so they can handle alot of power

Very true but if it was a S13 or even S14 yes but a nice S15 i would think more that twice before doing the convesion.

Theres a S15 that runs 10's using the SR20 so they can handle alot of power

they will handle the power, but for how long...... at the end of the day the RB26 will handle 350rwkw day in day out with turbo's and the usual support systems..... an SR20 will have its days numbered at this power level.

this is where the decision has to be made, i totally agree. If he is serious about his motorsport i would highly recomend this converiosn, if he is just after a quick streeter i wouldnt waste my cash as any S15 with 200-230rwkw will certainly be a weapon :D:D

thanx for everyone who provides me the information abt the topic... :)

well, first of all, my mate's s15 spent 20 grands to buy just the parts for the internal (jun 2.2 kit)....motec, 2.0 bar of boost and making serious power 320kwrw, i think that's the peak power for an sr20, isn't it....now, he's facing the gearbox problem...:)

for a r34 rb26dett at brisbane autosalon, (the midnight purple one) he made serious 340kw@all wheels, just cams, bolts on turbos, ecu and a serious power tuner.....and r34 gtr engine is what i got for this conversion...

i found the differences between a seriously built sr20 and slightly built rb26....

what are u guy's opinions?....:)

you got an R34 GTR RB26 for $1500..... dude, i know you told us its none of our business but i would seriously doubt anyone would sell a good condition, legitimate R34 RB26 for $1500.... this engine and gearbox would go for close to $10,000 and your teling me someone is giving up all that extra cash..... are you sure its an RB26 and not just an RB25 with RB26 rover covers, spark plug covers and timing case???

as for the conversion...... what do you want from the car??? is it going to be a drag car, circuit car, street car, weekend car, daily driver.... all this will come into play when making your decision for what path to travel... how much power are you seriously wanting to make regularly.... you need to tell us what your intentions are for the car for us to give you our honest idea's......

Hey mate,

I saw a s14 with an rb26 in it at advan at silverwater in sydney

Firstly its got to be the same conversion I would think for an s15, second maybe you can have a word to them and see what you need they are nice guys there and always seem to be helpful when I have been there. Its actually a chick who owns it. That is an awsome project, and if you decide to not go ahead with it then consider the engine sold as Ill take it ha.

Good luck I am sure it will be worth the effort.

If you direct your attention to the thread in the for sale section hes trying to palm off this engine and we have reason to believe its stolen. Im hoping your just a school kid doin this for shits and giggles and not a representitive of the 101motorcafe up here in brisbane, coz if you are after reading the thread in the FS section your one dodgey basterd.

I saw a s14 with an rb26 in it at advan at silverwater in sydney  

Firstly its got to be the same conversion I would think for an s15, second maybe you can have a word to them and see what you need they are nice guys there and always seem to be helpful when I have been there. Its actually a chick who owns it. That is an awsome project, and if you decide to not go ahead with it then consider the engine sold as Ill take it ha.  

Good luck I am sure it will be worth the effort.

that chick would be my girlfriend :D:D:D Very worth it this conversion is, but unless you want to spend some bucks and get the job done right, i would not think about it.....

ppl just can't believe that i am doing this project rite....:D

okay wait and see....LOL

ps. i am not representative of 101motorcafe down in brissy, it's just that i like this name....

ps. i bought the engine for $1500, but i want to sell it for at least $6000, what's the problem? if no one is buying it, i rather just use it for my project "gtr15"

thanx everyone, i'll see u when the project's done and post some pics, okay...:)

TO SEE IS TO BELIEVE

okay wait and see....LOL

ps. i am not representative of 101motorcafe down in brissy, it's just that i like this name....

ps. i bought the engine for $1500, but i want to sell it for at least $6000, what's the problem? if no one is buying it, i rather just use it for my project "gtr15"  

thanx everyone, i'll see u when the project's done and post some pics, okay...:)

TO SEE IS TO BELIEVE

I was just speaking to this guy 0nce again ..

HE now claims he has a R34 GT-R VSPEC.. it is dark blue and the plates he claims are GTR-8

HE also claims it was at autosalon brissy ( prob was.. not his offcourse ).. he also said he payed 5500 for the engine.. and he said he sold it just then........ ( 1 hour ago..) what a piece of crap.. delete this thread!

okay wait and see....LOL

TO SEE IS TO BELIEVE

so you buy stolen stuff then try sell it as a legit item?? fist.gif

I was just speaking to this guy 0nce again ..

HE now claims he has a R34 GT-R VSPEC.. it is dark blue and the plates he claims are GTR-8  

HE also claims it was at autosalon brissy ( prob was.. not his offcourse ).. he also said he payed 5500 for the engine.. and he said he sold it just then........ ( 1 hour ago..) what a piece of crap.. delete this thread!

that car is/was on www.carsales.com.au for about 135k