SAU Community

Just dyno'd with the new intercooler :D

wilch

First up Unique Autosports is cool. :P

Took the car to them today to do a dyno run, and encountered some problems (weird curve) and not much power gain. Anyway, out came the console (sp?) and timing gun, which revealed that the base timing was retarded,...so they advanced it. The car was then run up again, and there was a significant increase in the power throughout the rev range. Whoo! Cheers UAS!!

The last time the car was run on the UAS dyno it managed 166.9rwkw @10psi. Today it made 184.2rwkw @ 11psi with the new hybrid FMIC. (The red lines are from the last run, blue's new.)

I can definently feel it in the seat of the pants dyno too! Put it this way, I just got home 30mins ago from a quick drive and I'm still smiling.

There's some weird stuff going on high in the rev range still. A power FC will fix all that up, and should net me...ummm...lets hope for 200+rwkw. :)

(dyno sheets attached AFR, and PSI)

wil..

Wilch - well done mate :P

Nice results.

UAS have a really great team and facilities :)

I was gonna come down to UAS today, but had to get a new turbo water hose

Once again - good effort and well done to UAS.

Go Adam and Ben :)

There's no torque line there at all dude.

The first graph shows AFR's, the second graph shows PSI. Have a look again.

The blue lines are the new ones (w/ intercooler), the red lines are the old ones (from the run without the intercooler).

wil..

Wil - have you got SAFC or anything ? Or are you just using standard ECU ??

PFC will make a big difference :P

Heya B-man,

Nup no SAFC. Just the stock ECU, full exhaust (except w/ stock cat), pod in cold air box w/ cold air feed, and the profec b2.

I will eventually get a PFC. I just need to wait for next months pay packet. So within 2 months and I'll be cheering even more so :)

wil..

I had my car dyno at unigroup. I got pretty much the same results as yours but i got a bigger dip at top.

Had Hybrid front mount running 12psi with avcr, exhaust and pod filter

Dam thats a huge Dip, u gotta feel that lol

1 thing i dont understand why my line is a curve when i dont even have a boost controller, just running a cheap Bleed Valve. Would expect the boost controller to atleast not have any Dips in it.

The dips in my power line are due to the stock ECU going, "Hmmm, there's a lot more air than normal, oh s#!t, time to retard the timing...wait...things are ok, advance the timing...oh s#!t, retard again....etc etc etc"

I'm guessing you're either running an after market computer, or piggy backs. You'd never make 249rwkw with the stock computer, nor would the power line be a nice curve. I'm assuming your turbo is high flowed too, or you have some schmick bigger turbo in there.

hehehe...cause if you don't, i wanna run my car on the dyno you ran yours on! LOL :P

wil..

Hard to tell....... Do a dyno run where they chart your psi.

I know of another that runs a bleed valve, and the boost runs up smoothly, then falls off significantly higher in the rev range (ie. doesn't peak, and hold... the ebc's tend to peak and hold if set properly, or like mine, spike right at the start then hold. LOL).