SAU Community

The time has finally come... *cefiro owner*

someonestolecc

WoOt!

I have a ceffy parked in my driveway!

It is, infact Meggala's sr20 powered ceffy.

I love it.

Please say gday to me at track/cruise/circuit days and help me out with my drift techniques :D

I'm just looking a putting a few personalised touches on the car and should be in full swing weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

If anyone is interested the one I was originally going to buy Meggala still has - and boy at stock boost gooodddd dammnn its driftable...but thats a different kettle of fish!

anyone else here have a sr20 powered ceff?

Thanks alot guys. Steve reaklly did build a heck of a nice car.

I hope he won't mind me changing the character of it a little - I will be aiming to make it street/drift car. ie. car with a stereo and some nice looks that with some smaller wheels, the subs taken out etc can be drifted/circuit assault a track.

Obviously it won't be as good a drifter if I made it just that, nor will it be the cleanest street car if I just went that way either - but hopefully I'll be able to walk that fine line between the two ok.

It's actually not making a HEAP of power anymore - it's been set to .8-1bar of boost. This is plenty for now for me... I've already lost it trying to induce powerslide without enough throttle control - ended up 180'ing the 'corner' (i.e. obstacles) - this was on private skidpan.

My point is it was easy enough to do. So I think I will just keep it as is for now.

I'm having a few problems switching cogs at the moment which is what i'd really like to perfect..

Usually by taking 2nd out to put into 3rd = 2nd comes out spinning too hard and 3rd just grinds... same happens when punting into 2nd or into 4th.

This means any 1/4 mile assault is out for now :

Any suggestions would be good.. - oh shifting lower (alot lower) and double clutching result in sweet changes.. Unfortunately at the loss of some speed.

I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to just whack em in like the rb boxes or could it be the gearbox needs new teeth? (we've all seen meggala's vids :D)

yeah they should be V mounting their bloody coolers!!

no one has caught on it yet...

less piping = less lag

plus at least then u can put on a carbon/glass or just vented bonnet and hacve a real reason unlike 90% of the wankers out there with one :D

Inark........could you possibly draw a pic of the V mounting positions? I have an SR20 ceffy also and would like to explore this "less lag" idea.

Nico, have a read of this... http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=51234

But is the sr20 in the orange one? Or is the another one???

If I had cash to splash i would V mount for BLING factor... I'm not sure if it would less lag<< does it really make it that much different?

Anyway.. I took the day off work and spent ALL day to take my door trims out and put sound deadening in.

It doesn't quite look like http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/temp...interest_62.jpg but uhhhh.. it's my first time.

I will post pics of my install efforts along the way - although I'm too tired right now (will post tomorz).

I'm fitting 6.5" splits in the front and I've come to the conclusion ceffies are great for installs.

I took out the standard speaker mounting bracket and just cut out a peice of mdf to sit on top of the door. I will then purchase a spacer so it may sit properly.

I have the dimensions of the cutout if anyone would like to install their own speakers in the front of the ceffy. It would be pretty easy but for the fellow ceffy community I can-

1. give you the dimensions (will measure upon request.. otherwise cbf)

2. cut you out a peice and send it to you (you just drill on the marked spots.. or if my mate wants to drill em they will be pre-drilled) (you pay postage and whatever the mdf cost.. i think like $2-4)

3. forgot option three but i thought there was one..

Also if anyone is doin an install lemme know I'd like to swap tekneeKS :mad:

Pics of mine:

Mate lovely.. there is SOOO much room in the engine bay it's almost strange isn't it?

Plenty of room for a CAI induction setup and an oil cooler!

Have you gotten your tacho giving you the correct rpm? I'd like to know the resistor to fit and where to fit it if it's possible?

its going to be in an up comming HPI isnt it?

Ask meggala I think it's drift battle mag.

the further air has to travel the longer it will take... the less piping the less u lag u should get (im guessing) and also i would have to assume having less distance to travel it would be less likely to heat up in the enginebay