SAU Community

DIY CAI for ceffy

someonestolecc

Gday,

Just thought I'd post up some pics of my CAI setup I quickly hooked up today.

I'm going to make a box for it out of aluminium as in the tutorial section also but this is stage 1.

Pics-

1- pipe just hangin out

2- pipe at the bottom of the hole where the side mount cooler pipe would have been

3- the view including the air filter

4- the view from under the car.. zip ties are cool ok?

Second pipe - quite possibly will need removing cos it will get too hot but will see after some driving testing (of pipe temp and interference with other stuff in the engine bay.)

1- Pipe 2 sitting in front of the engine scooping air from under the car

2- Pipe 2 aimed at the side of the air filter

Ah - didn't realise you could do that.. Got any pics?

I got no room behind the plate cos of the intercooler.

It's funny though it makes my car look faster - I had an old man trying to flag me down to slow down when I was going down a street when testing it. Funny thing is I looked at my speedo I was 55km/h and about 1500rpm. heh.

Get some of that neoprene ducting from 'Revolution Racegear' - it is black and flexible :(

Are you in Vic or Sydney...?? b/c your plates are vic plates?

If you're in vic can also try Meridian Motorsport for the neoprene ducting - it is very tough and will no melt :)

here are some pics, its super easy, can spray it black or whatever, only prob is that I tend to find a bit more dust in the engine bay mostly around the filter. I think I will try and build a lid for my partician so it will just restrict it to the filter, will see how I go, got many projects I have to do.

yeah cc i dunno about that material man or its actual effectivness to move all the air to the pod... same with that neoprene stuff as it has groves and undulations which cause turbulance and friction.

the smoother and harder the material the better... im sure its still better than having nothing there tho!

Hmm - inark it's ducting.. It ducts air. It's not an exhaust manifold or inlet pipe. All it does is duct air into the car. While you're right about the turbulance and stuff but I don't think it practically effects it.

I mean the air the pod actually sucks in at any time is still there whether it's ducting pipe or straight pipe. Obviously the straight pipe is more effective but the ducting does enough to suffice.

Obviously all the above is from my own assumptions - it's not tested or from race research/experience so I could be wrong.

nice work.. should be a snap for anyone to do .."race spec" tube or not lol

.. u bought Meggalas SR20 cefiro lookin at the pics ..... hence the vic plates ..sweet

Hmm - inark it's ducting.. It ducts air. It's not an exhaust manifold or inlet pipe. All it does is duct air into the car. While you're right about the turbulance and stuff but I don't think it practically effects it.

I mean the air the pod actually sucks in at any time is still there whether it's ducting pipe or straight pipe. Obviously the straight pipe is more effective but the ducting does enough to suffice.

Obviously all the above is from my own assumptions - it's not tested or from race research/experience so I could be wrong.

id say with more turbulance and a floppy material it would effect it... more turbulence the less flow the less flow the less air that gets thru to the pod as some form of blockage type affect would be caused by the turbulence... of course this is just one of my rediculous theories to help keep my brain active while doing a very boring and dull job :cheers:

best way to tell would be to make a solid one... get a high powered fan and sit in front of it and see how much air gets thru to the pod using either.

i wonder if you got a battery powered fan from dick smith's electronics, you know, the ones that are shaped like a strawberry?

if you sticky taped that in front of your filter, then you'd have fan air induction, and girls would dig it like i make them dig my garden on sundays, while i play videogames.

• 2 weeks later...
i wonder if you got a battery powered fan from dick smith's electronics, you know, the ones that are shaped like a strawberry?

if you sticky taped that in front of your filter, then you'd have fan air induction, and girls would dig it like i make them dig my garden on sundays, while i play videogames.

Lol ! You know what’s better than a battery power fan from dick smiths... a solar power fan from dick smiths... get the solar panels on your bonnet, combine their power into one fan & create boost before it even reaches the POD. Turn your GtsT into a Twin Turbo :wassup:

PS: I've seen a electronic supercharger on some website which reates 2psi :P