SAU Community

Skyline accident

yeah heard a fair bit about it, not a bad looking R33 either, blitz front mount, exhaust etc..

rear seat passenger died on impact, another died later in hospital, and the driver only had a broken collar bone, personally if i were him i think i'd rather be dead, imagine the guilt?

it does look bad on us, but i dont think he'll need any more sh*t put on him, he'll have to live with this for the rest of his life.

Yeah, wasn't trying to do that, but it doesn't help. You knew more than me then, I heard that there had been a fatalility, but didn't know details.

Just take it easy, don't race, we don't have to prove anything at the lights etc, its a small moment of glory for the cost.

I would like to give my deepest sympathy to all the family and friends involved, unfortunalty the only thing on the thing i could recognise was the intercooler, it doesnt give us a great name, and your right, we have nothing to prove, and if we want to test the limits, we should do it somewhere safe, there are plenty of places now that accept young drivers on tracks, and they can get the full traning they need to be able to help control themsleves in a situation like that.

Rachxx

Sorta related to the unfortunate loss of life(and bad PR cars like all of ours will again receive)that we've witnessed on the news,my two cents worth is this:I've got a fast,reasonably recognisable(to most non-Skyline enthusiasts)car.Most morons recognise the badge on it's rear as they pull up to the lights next to me as a challenge.I also know I'll hand most their butts back to them on a plate if I had to.But I'd rather quietly roll off the lights instead of race them;I've got nothing to prove,and everything to lose.The only time I'll rise to the challenge goes something along the lines of this: Idiot:"Wanna race?",Me:"Sure.Your choice-Eastern Creek,Oran Park or Wakefield.Tell me what day and I'll be there." Idiot:"Nah,I meant a drag." Me:"Oh,O.K. Even though this car isn't set up for dragging,I'm game.Eastern Creek again,or were you thinking W.S.I.D.,maybe?" Idiot:"Nah,when the light goes green..." Me:"Get back to me when the drugs wear off..."

Point is,street racing can,does and will get people killed,as evidenced on the news.I'm sure it provides a few grins,and I'm guilty of having the occassional stab here and there(I actually feel a bit dumb about that little effort in Belconnen not so long ago...),but FFS,ease up.Poor people in Melbourne:I know how hard that kind of funneral is...

Yeah it happened in St Kilda(melbourne). What i dont understnad is why a Skyline would even bother Dragging a honda in the first place. Its also funny how they put it. "an imported nissan vehicle" and then a "honda". Just shows how owning an import kiks u in the arse.

• 2 weeks later...