SAU Community

td06-25g on r34 gtt...laggy?

Depends on the wheel size...

if its the 8cm then i believe its the 550hp turbo, and the 10cm 600+hp turbo.

I dont think it would be to laggy - on the 6 cylinder 2.5 it should start spooling early 3000 and hit full boost by about 4500.

I have seen one (10cm) on a 2.2 Jun motor wrx and it was on full boost by 4800/5000. So the bigger capacity and extra cylinders should bring it on earlier than that.....

Daniel

I have the neo motor in my r33 aswell, and am looking at getting a TD06-25G (would the smaller exhaust housing make it come on boost slightly earlier?) aswell, though the only bad point is i dont want boost to come one heart beat style, i'd rahter something more linear as far as power delivery, maybe a GT2835 or something would be the better go for a smoother power delivery rather that te punch a td06 will deliver. Another question, what exhaust flange does the trust turbo come with? And with the TD06 whats the best boost to run it, my neo has stock internals, so i was thinking of runnning say 14psi tops, would that be enough to get the turbo working ok?

Cheers.

the td06 range uses a 3 bolts flange pattern which requires the trust manifold or athe flange to be modified on other manifolds, i have seen some mix's with t3/t4 flanges. The td06 is very harsh in its power delivery yes but if u can get the traction it would be awesome, between 1-1.2 bar would be fine

• 1 month later...

HAs anyone got some dyno charts of their TD06s. Ive heard a few ppl comment on how thye hit boost hard.

I am running a 10cm housing, and would like to go to a 8cm housing, bu tot if the result is going to be a light switdh transition onto boost.

So do they really come on boost that hard, when used with the recommended A/R exhaust housing?

roy. do you think you will lose much power by dropping to a 8cm exhaust housing. although my tdo6 is internal gate it is 8cm i should be putting it on in a couple of weeks.. gonna have exhaust, fmic, fuel pump and a adj reg until i save for injectors maybe microtech or even remap the ecu depends how things go. will let u know how i go.

I doubt id lose power actually. A tuner said i may be able to get away with a more aggressive tune asi have less back pressure so less propensity for detonation...but i dont know if that sounds right in practice?!?!

I would like to try an 8cm, but not if it means wheelspin thru 2md. At the moment with even 1.3bar and what i guess is about 225-235 rwkws i got great traction in 2nd:)

mine is internally gated.. so they do come that way.. they have a stupid wastegate setup tho.. bit hard to explain but not like a seperate flap next to the actual exhaust wheel.. still the same but the extra flap is hidden and.. yea bit to hard to explain. in a way its harder to run the screamer :cheers: