SAU Community

2000lbs 5 puck Ceramic Clutch

Quick question;

It seems alot of people are using 24-2500lbs clutches, will a 2000lb 5 puck ceramic put up with an RB30ET making ~250rwHP?

I want the lightest clutch i can get that wont slip, the STOCK clutch is only just starting to let go.. and i think thats ~1500 lbs.

Brent.

i had the stock pressure plate on my 5 puck and it was good for about a 5 weeks until it sliped then it got bad real quick. as you may know if you slip a puck they burn up real quick. I had 270rwhp.

good thing is pucks are real cheap to rebuild $8 a button. I installed a 2500 which i thought would be real heavy but it's not at all. ive got 318rwhp now and it hasnt sliped even when i abuse it of the line.

I wouldnt worry about a 2500 being to heavy, because people that i have spoken to say its hard to notic the difference to stock when used with a fullface organic or 9 puck.

By "stock" you mean the one that comes with the normal nissan full face organic clutch kit?

OR

the one that came with the 5 puck driven plate? (or did you only buy a driven plate?

Beacuse i intend using an upgraded pressure plate (2000lbs) with the 5 puck driven plate.

Brent.

What would you need if you DO do too many burnouts and 1/4 miles and say have 250rwkw?

Would an organic do?

thats exactly what i had with a 5 puck 25000lb pressureplate. 1st outing to wsid

= dead clutch.250rwkw i consider to be big power so you really need a big clutch if its gonna cope.step up to a twin plate and you wont look back

I've used the sintered iron buttons because they don't eat fly wheels and pressure plates like the sintered bronze ones do . Mine have been three button sprung center plates from Penrith Brake and Clutch . Just on this topic I'd like to know where this term "puck" comes from ?

cheers  A .

They look like a hockey puck.