SAU Community

Value of Skylines Increasing???

Guest deeznutz

Guest deeznutz

Since Nissan decided to stop production of the "real" Skylines due to emission standards (I think that's the reason, but correct me if I wrong), does that mean their value will increase instead of depreciating?

Would that categorize them as collector cars then?

Deenutz,

Pricing will not go up.... however once all the new import laws tighten the belts so to speak on the current compliance agents in the country making it more expensive, cars coming in from that stage will go up do to import costs.

Early series 1 R33 GTSTs for example are quite cheap now.... and will prolly stay around where they are now... and good quality, low km series 2s ie 96 and onwards will also hold their value a tad better than what they are now.

I wouldn't suggest buying one as an investment though :lol:

nick, (By By)

deeznuts was asking if the value of his car would go up due to the canning of the RB-engined skyline series in japan, not the value of series 1 and series 2 r33's...

deeznuts.. answering ure question the rb series skylines will not be collecter car's due to them being mass produced for over a decade.. cars which are usually collector cars are rare cars like ferrari's, lamborghini's etc.. the more exotic cars..

the skyline like the wrx and other's are more cult cars than anything.. but saying i remember a r32 gtr being advertised for nearly the same price as a 34 gtr at the begining of the year as it was never driven just locked up for 10 years.. however those cases are extremely rare

URMINE: your a dumbass

I was stating another factor that could have an effect on pricing u momo.

I stated that pricing wont go up however compliance and import laws will also have an effect on pricing changes.

are we clear DOOD

Since Nissan decided to stop production of the "real" Skylines due to emission standards (I think that's the reason, but correct me if I wrong), does that mean their value will increase instead of depreciating?

Would that categorize them as collector cars then?[/quote:2ca203d516]

oh silly me.. i didnt read anywhere where it asked on other factors of pricing.. how silly of me to get such a simple thing wrong :(