SAU Community

R32 2 Door Sedan!! what ya think??

whats peoples thoughts of my idea of making a 2 door R32 sedan?

i've got one design with middle pillar still visable and the other with the piller wedged out on the outside and custom glass for the fixed rear windows mounted over the piller to give a one piece glass look with no pillar. I reckon it would be possible, plus is totally different.

6925sick_moite3.jpg

6925sick_moite5.jpg

6925Image_415_1.jpg

i think it looks phat :cheers: are you ganna make a joined rear fender and door panel and just put it over, ie. there will be a door underneath but you can't get to it ?

i might have to have a go at photoshopping it too :D

the wya i look at it is, more of the practicality of a 4 door with more of the coupe looks. half the practicality and half the looks... and you'd have to put folding front seats in too.

It's very ghetto bling blingy if you ask me, different, sure, but not in a good way.

There are reasons why car manufactuers don't make cars like that, and it's cos:

a.)it' looks downright tacky (I mean a coupe with short doors? it's ridiculous IMO unless you want to look like a pimp)

b.)it's totally impractical, what's the point of a 4 person sedan which has on purpose been made more difficult to use?

and probably

c.) it's structurally unsound. Don't want to be in that thing if you ever get hit side one or something.

I guess if you like that kind of thing go for it, but when I see cars like that on the street I usually think, what were they thinking?!

use longer doors from a coupe maybe as the short doors look weird and relocate the pillar.

good idea tho.

should pump the rear guards gtr style otherwise the length may make it look funy

thats my 2o yens worth of input :P

well i was bored last night......and had the idea of it. it would indeed be very impractical, wouldn't argue that. although the different pimp look is sweet i think, even better with a body kit and some rims. The biggest thing though i don't like is the short doors on it. looks outa place. oh well. guess if i sell my car soon anyway i'll be back to been a coupe driver with a silvia, 180 or another 32.

use longer doors from a coupe maybe as the short doors look weird and relocate the pillar.

good idea tho.  

should pump the rear guards gtr style otherwise the length may make it look funy

thats my 2o yens worth of input :P

yeah that crossed my mind. would be alot of friggen around for somthing like that.espec relocating the pillar. would be more a show car then a go car i and more hassel then its worth......

yeah i cant believe your thinking?

wouldnt it be easier to that glass on the outside of the b-pillar thing on a coupe. would look almost identical to the 2nd pic except with slightly longer doors (which most people probably wouldnt notice the differences in lengths anyway).

i like the pillar-less look