SAU Community

Too lean? Dyno Graph Pic Attached.

MM2death

Hi guys,

I'm looking to see if my afr's are still ok.  The higher lines are with more boost added.  Is that 12.7:1 too lean for that RPM...i believe that spike is around the 4500-5000rpm mark.

Car runs great.

It's an RB20DET.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott, 4,000 rpm actually (at 27 kph per thousand rpm in 4th gear). I aim for 12 to 1 from 3,000 rpm upwards, under that up to 14 to 1 is OK for fuel economy. So I am not sure why it goes so rich at 2,500 rpm. Other than that it looks OK, the power line is certainly smooth enough.:D

Hi Scott, 4,000 rpm actually (at 27 kph per thousand rpm in 4th gear).  I aim for 12 to 1 from 3,000 rpm upwards, under that up to 14 to 1 is OK for fuel economy.  So I am not sure why it goes so rich at 2,500 rpm.  Other than that it looks OK, the power line is certainly smooth enough.:D

So you're saying that the lean spike is at 4000rpm? OK then... (the dyno was done in 3rd as you can tell).

Cameron,

A bit of background info: I have a remapped Toshi (guy off the forums) std ECU and was last remapped for 1 bar. Then i have had it back on the dyno and boost turned up to 1.3 bar.

What boost would be optimum for a GT2530?

So with the ECU the way it is, my A/F is not dangerous? But if i wanna get better fuel economy, it's best that i get it remapped if i plan to run this sort of boost? But how can the graphs be so different before i hit any boost? Can the ECU automatically detect whether the boost has been turned up?

It's a bit confusing to me.

Cheers,

Scott

The dyno printout was all done with the same ECU.

I just added more boost.

Red line = 1.0 bar

Blue line = 1.3 bar

Green line = 1.4 bar

I thought it would have been making more topend power at higher boost. A few months ago i had the car on the same dyno and made 194 rwkw at around 1 bar i believe, but did not match the midrange of my latest dyno (pic) with the 1.3 & 1.4 bar runs (20 rwkw less through midrange but about the same up top).

It's an R32 GTS-T w/ GT2530, FMIC, 3 inch full exhaust, pod filter, and remapped ECU. Everything else standard.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Scott

Sh!te thats very good power for a RB20 i'd be happy with it,

The more boost you run the more air is being forced into the enigne which means more exhaust gasses. The HKS 2530 turbo is good for about 250kw's maby more on a RB25. so maby your top end power you are refering too maby somthing else not the turbo.

The mid range power has increased and some with the top end aswel. mid range is about 25kw's more and top end is about 15kw's more - Which is good.

Are you still running standard fuel pump and injectors ? - They'll need upgrading soon aswel.

Your leaning out spike(little one) isn't too much of a worrie as were it goes up you dont have much speed and rpm up their. For daily driving on hot days dont thrash it on too high of a boost level but at night when its cold high boost (1.4bar) should be fine.

Other than that its a nice smooth power curve.

:D

Jun

"What boost would be optimum for a GT2530?

So with the ECU the way it is, my A/F is not dangerous? But if i wanna get better fuel economy, it's best that i get it remapped if i plan to run this sort of boost? But how can the graphs be so different before i hit any boost? Can the ECU automatically detect whether the boost has been turned up?"

Anyone???

And Cameron, i've got upgraded pump but still standard injectors.

Scott