SAU Community

R33 wing ideas?

bonnets 100% carbon fibre (no fibreglass underlay like JAP versions), its only 6mm thick an weighs around 6-7kg. I got it from customcarbon.com.au, great bunch of guys an awsome quality work!! highly recomend them!!

Are you sure about this? Coz a 100% dry carbon bonnet costs around $5000 and you can pick it up with 1 hand and walk around with it.

i believe its carbon top layer, carbon bottom, with thin foam between? not sure on their particular carbon making process? You can pick it up an walk around with it in one hand....I did, before putting it on, as I (an the guys that made it) said, it only weighs 6-7kg. Never said it was "dry" carbon though becuase it's not.

but yeah.....its light, its CARBON FIBRE....best stuff known to man:D, its different, and I love it.

any further questions about the bonnet, ask the guys at customcarbon, they'll know a great deal more about it than me :D

:)

any suggestions on my wing delema?

to avoid further confusion about the bonnet i changed the '100%' to 'Genuine' in the post, guess thats more "technically" correct. Sorry guys, My bad.

Abcent.

If you are going to pull it off, I'd love to borrow it.

I would need to know the measurement between the holes that go though the boot though.

If they matched up with mine, cool.

I think I may be able to just remove my wing and check it out from that though.

• 2 weeks later...

hehehe.....hey lucas. maybe I should make it into a rear seat like on the old T-Buckets....scweeet :bananaman

reckon I'm just goin to get another bootlid and drift/stealth spoiler first....fit it up.....then decide which one to sell? the GT or the drift?

BUT..... all of this wont be happening for a while, gotta get my bigger squirters in Jan, which kinda wounds the wallet for a little while :D

there really is nothing "different" that looks any good out there unfortunatly.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice indeed, car looks similar style to mine...looks great, skirts suit your rear bar much better than my veilside one, the veilside rear was just a bit too round for em i think.

pic of my ride are in my gallery if you havent already checked.

white, dark wheels, gt wing...(universal description of our cars:D)

;), ive tried to update my pic, but it wont let me.

:thumbsup:

Berin