SAU Community

Changes to 15 year rule is out public told officially next month,

DRIFTT

so R32 gtst 1989 models wont be aloud in, or will be? THEY BETTER BE OR THEY SHALL DIE AND SH*T!

I think that a few of you so called "enthusists" should sit back for a while , turn your blow-off valves down and check to see if your ECU,s are working.

Under the proposed changes the following WILL be avaliable to import, that due to strict RAWS inspection critera would NOT come in under FULL RAW,s.

180SX 15Y/O

R32 15Y/O

300Z 15Y/O

Silvia,s 15Y/O

Under the current RAWS, the above vehicles although on the SEV,s list would not normally be imported due to the diffgiculties in providing FULL evidence and finding straight examples.

These vehicle under the slightly relaxed RAW (15Y/O) vehicle import scheme will make up the mainstay of 15Y/O imports.

I think you could call these "enthusists" vehicles!!!!

If you doubt what I am saying check out how many RAWS have approvals for the above vehicles!!!!! www.dotars.gov.au (SEVS LIST)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DRIFTT,

People seem to be sus and bitchy at you for some reason. I for one say thanks for the info.

Everyone else should just either choose not to believe this info, take it with a grain of salt, believe it wholly, mental note it (like i did) or whatever.... but damnnnnn why badger him about every little thing.

I don't think many (even most) people are actually questioning the information itself -- a lot of us have expected this for quite some time, and it makes sense given the recent ministerial changes and election; plus it confirms my own suspicions after being told my 1989 GT-R was being fitted with a compliance plate -- its the opinions that went along with it.

DRIFTT is entitled to his opinions, but so are other people, and invariably people are going to discuss their opinions on a forum, after all, that's half the point of having one, right?

LW.

[.

Also......may i ask who "WE" is? ie: WE know the right people..WE were in the right place etc. I am not trying to start a shitfight at all, i simply find it odd that this information has been released to certain people prior to an "official" announcement.

I understand your reluctance to believe the info in this thread,so "WE" will have to sit and wait.

Q; Are any Brokers planning on setting up a RAW,s workshop, this would help in obtaining compliance and provide a flow of 15Y/O vehicles to clients, rather than forcing the legions to turn to the anti-christ (dealers)!!!!!!!!

It seems to me that if you go to all the trouble of finding quality vehicles for people and saving them thousands , you should have the facilities avaliable to guarantee compliance.

I think that a few of you so called "enthusists" should sit back for a while , turn your blow-off valves down and check to see if your ECU,s are working.

Maybe try turning on/fixing a few of your own sensors.....only one mis-informed individual has mentioned cars being 'banned' altogether, the rest of us have been having what I would regard as a reasonable discussion on the issue (in the context of a public forum).

Q; Are any Brokers planning on setting up a RAW,s workshop, this would help in obtaining compliance and provide a flow of 15Y/O vehicles to clients, rather than forcing the legions to turn to the anti-christ (dealers)!!!!!!!!

It seems to me that if you go to all the trouble of finding quality vehicles for people and saving  them thousands , you should have the facilities avaliable to guarantee compliance.

Your public profile notes you are a 'vehicle importer', so that probably puts some of these comments in context.

At the end of the day the public (or the 'enthusiasts' for which you have such obvious disdain) should have a wide range of choices, but these alleged changes are clearly designed to limit supply and choice.....

Anyway, enough of this, I got my car through a broker and am glad I did. It's unfortunate that others may not have the same opportunity.

End (for me).

Ok just a simple question...

"Q" Under these proposed changes will the 15 year rule still exist? i.e.: In 2005 we will be alowed to import 1990 R32 GTR's

After reading all these post's my brains fried :microwave

Ok just a simple question...

"Q" Under these proposed changes will the 15 year rule still exist? i.e.: In 2005 we will be alowed to import 1990 R32 GTR's

After reading all these post's my brains fried :microwave

Here is a quick list of some of the cars, but remember people will get other cars like Cefiro's and Aristo's on the list,

GTi-R's, Corvette's, Camaro's, Astro's, Silverado's, Daimler's, Dodge Ramcharger's, F40's, Testarossa's, Mustang's, Winnebago's, F-Series's, Beat's, Gemini's, Lancia Delta's, Lincon's, Lotus Esprit's, Maserati's, Eunos Cosmo's, Familia's, Pajero Convertible's, 300ZX, S13, Skyline R32, Atlas 4WD, Mini's, Celica Convertible's, Sera, Soarer's, Town Ace Wagon's, Lite Ace Wagon's, Hiace 4X4's, Corrado's,

[.

At the end of the day the public (or the 'enthusiasts' for which you have such obvious disdain) should have a wide range of choices, but these alleged changes are clearly designed to limit supply and choice.....

Hi Steve L, thanks for your enthusiastic,if not misinformed reply. I prefer to label my "enthusists" as clients , of which we have many ,and satisfied.

How does having a documented form of quality conrol over vehicles being imported restrict supply?

Is there any legislation to prevent "Brokers" from obtaining there RAW,s?

How will the new changes prevent "enthusists" from importing there "dream" car?

You may consider taking the time to fully read and digest the information on the DOTARS site, its not there for Dealers or Raw,s only .

ps ..Last time I looked I did not have 666 tatooed on my skull!!!!! Nor have I recently felt the need to sacrafice goats on a full moon!!!!!

()

To those that may know 'something' about the proposed changes just remember that the majority of us are in the dark, and some people are understandly unaware / skeptical. Just keep it civil, everyone!

I will definitely be looking forward for DOTARS to put this conjecture to rest hopefully sometime in the near future :D

The worst thing that could happen:

1) Not much job for me (me a broker as well)

2) Compliance will double or more (from 1k+ to 2k+)

3) RAWS workshop will probably charge anywhere from $500 - $1000 as their broker fee

4) '88 cars like Ceffys, Laurels, Silvia Ks, R31 can still come in without RAWS

Its shit but well, theres nothing we can do about it except to adapt to the changes. When the old SEVS rule ended, i still had 18 S13 plates, 20 R33 plates and 25 S15 plates. Threw it all away, twas a sad sad day.