SAU Community

Yes My Gtr Is Written Off

burko1

I Have Been Getting Heaps Of Phone Calls Today From People Asking What Happened. Well Here Goes.

I Was Driving To Work This Morning As Usual When Some Chick In A Toyota Echo Pulled Out In Front And We Hit Head On. Her Engine Hit The Firewall And She Spun A Few Times , I Hit And Barely Missed Two Telegraph Poles And Nearly Ended Up In The Cheese Cake Shop.

So If Anyone Else Seen A R32 Gtr White In Colour Number Plate Burko In Guildford All Smashed Up Yep It Was Me.

Yeah We Both Came Out Of It Ok , A Bit Sore But Ok. She Had A Airbag To Cushion Her , Don't Know If It Helped Though.

As For Who Was At Fault She Was Totally , The Police Were Giving Her A Fine At The Scene Also.

Does Anyone One Know Market Price On A R32 Gtr 92 Model? I Have Been Told They'll Pay Me Market Value , I Want Them To Inspect Mine As I Have Spent A Fortune On It.

Thanks Guys . You Dont Understand How Much Im Spewing.

I Spend 6 Months Building It Up Only Had It Driving For A While Was Ready To Take It To The Creek Soon , And Now This.

I Could Nearly Cry.

Why was she fined at the scene? On a mobile phone by any chance?

If she was doing anything illegal, odds are heavily stacked on your side.

Hopefully it works out for you, friggin small cars are all accidents waiting to happen with the way most people drive them if you ask me ;)

I Want To Keep It And Sell It Off In Parts

Its At My House Now Its Depressing

As For How Much It Owes Me , I Dont Have Any Money In The Account So Alot Of Money Has Been Spent On It.

Why was she fined at the scene? On a mobile phone by any chance?

Majority of the time the at fault driver is fined/charged in an accident. Accidents are usually the result of something, e.g failing to give way, negligent driving etc.

Sux that straight after a crash you get slapped with a fine, but thats the way it goes.

As for the car, I was under the impression the insurer paid out the agreed value of the car not market value?

that sucks mate ;):(:P you went through so much with that car and in 2 seconds some stupid woman ****s it all up for ya :D:(

Thankfully everyone got out with only a few scratches..... cars can be replaced lives cant....

Man that really sucks.

The car I had before my r33 was written off too by a P plater. Cops also charged him with neg driving.

To answer a few questions, because your car is listed as "market value" on your policy, it is up to your insurance company (not hers, even though it was her fault) to assess how much your car is worth. (my car was also listed as "market value"...never again will I have a car insured as "market value").

This is done by seeing how much can be salvaged, and the return that they may get on the parts, and redbook value.

I suggest removing as many of the parts that you can and putting the original stuff back on, as they will quote something ridiculous like $500 for a $2000 stereo system.

One thing you can do is you can get the payout and buy back the wreck. If the wreck is only a wreck because it would cost too much for the insurance company to fix the panels - then you might consider doing this, but if your chasis is all twisted leave it be. This option was given to me with my car as the payout was absolute bulls#!t. I could've sold the car second hand for $5000+ more than what I ended up getting.

If I bought back the wreck I could've had it fixed. But the time it would've taken wasn't worth it. Plus I didn't want the car back really. Not after what it had been through.

That really sucks man. You're driving along one day and everything's good. Then boom, out of nowhere.

One thing that I learnt is to always have cars insured as Agreed Value.

Hope it all works out for you.

wil..

Hey Brad You Know All The Hassle I Had Putting It Together And Now It Was Totally Finished It Was My Pride And Joy. Half You Guys Never Even Got To See It.

Thanks For The Replies

Hopefully We Agree On A Appropriate Pay Out.

I Will Keep You Guys Informed On Whats Happening

This is the exact reason why Andrea doesnt like driving hers all the time. You spend every cent of your hard earned cash making it exactly what you want and then its gone in a split second ;):( main thing is that your ok.... we can only hope now that insurance comes through for you.

Although this is really harsh..... if your insurance company is going to pay you out and only gives you market value, which you obvisouly wont be happy with..... how would you go sueing her, or her insurance company, for loss of moneys as a result of her causing the accident??

As i say, it is really harsh, but so is the fact she just destroyed your dream ride and possibly lost you heaps of cash at the same time.......