SAU Community

FS: 1993 R33 GTS25t, light mods

Hi guys

Due to financial difficulties, my baby is up for sale :D

R332_FrontDS_IC.jpg R332_Side.jpg R33_Engine2.jpgR33_Interior.jpg R332_FrontSide.jpg R33_rearend.jpg

I bought it four and a bit years ago with 74,000km on the clock (first Australian owner). It has ~180,000km on it now, though the vast majority of that is highway km as I was sent to work hundreds of km from home for lengthy periods for a while there. It's been serviced with full synthetic oil every 7,500km. The car was bone stock, even the stock exhaust and airbox, for nearly two years. Between then and early this year, the only mods were pod, exhaust, wastegate bleed to 11psi and the clutch.

• 1993 model (series 1)
  • 5 speed manual
  • 5 puck brass button clutch, 2750lb clamp. Still bites as hard as the day it went in (~140k iirc)
  • Custom T3/4, currently running 9psi. Was built to run 22psi with methanol injection on a mate's VLT
  • Turbosmart wastegate bleed
  • Turbo timer
  • Autometer 20psi boost gauge
  • 3" exhaust, turbo back (ie dump). Removable section to delete cat, and replacement section that bolts on and dumps below the passenger seat (angled away from the car). Quite loud, great for trips to the track. Only used once, got it as a bit of a novelty when having the exhaust modded but liked it a lot :P
  • Hybrid 600x300x75mm intercooler. Made a huge difference to top end
  • Koni Adjustable-D shocks (less than 12 months old), Pedders Sports Ryder springs (35mm lowered, looks great but still perfectly legal)
  • Alarm system with immobiliser, siren, remote central locking
  • Pioneer DEH-P6050 head unit. Volume buttons worn but still works perfectly. Rear speakers are factory upgrade Bose carbon-fibre, and the fronts run off two channels of a US Audio 4x50W amp. I'm using the good front speakers elsewhere, I've put some splits in so I can listen to CDs but they're not much chop.
  • Factory electric sunroof
  • T35 tint all round (darkest legal)
  • Whiteline camber correction kit in the front
  • Nismo gear knob, Jay95R33's fantastic leather gear/handbrake boot set

The car has six months rego. I have boxes for the stereo and alarm, along with all manuals etc, and a microwave module for the alarm which I never had installed.

Will sell with the stock ECU (dead tacho feed but otherwise fine) and stock R33 wheels and 100% legal tyres. I have the modified items as options, but I will not separate them, as I'd like to offer them to the car's new owner. If they don't sell with the car I'll offer them for sale separately later. I have things like the stock airbox in a cupboard at home, which obviously will go with the car.

It is in good condition, it has a couple of small carpark dints but is otherwise fine. The coils (ignition) could do with replacement, but the car drives perfectly ok as they are.

As is (stock ECU, stock wheels): $14,000 ono

Options:

• PowerFC with hand controller (base maps): $800
  • ROH DriftR wheels, 17x8", Falken 235/45ZR17 rubber. Less than 12 months old, one wheel has tiny marks from short-term storage but are otherwise immaculate. Cost $2500 earlier this year, sell with car for $1500

If you're interested in buying the whole lot in one go (ie the car with wheels and PFC) call me and we can discuss.

Call me on 0417 761 243 or email me for more information on this very regretful sale.

A recent compression test (I figured I might as well do it last time I checked the plugs) showed 165psi across the board. A good indication of the motor's condition, and very consistent too.

Also I got a voice mail message with a mobile number on it, that cut out as the caller was saying the number. If you've left a message and I didn't get back, try again, or SMS me. If I don't answer, it's more than likely that I'm either on the bike or with a client.

This is a bargain! I've organised to be home to meet people and neither have turned up...

Motor is internally stock, and unopened... a compression test showed 160-165psi on all six cylinders, so the motor appears to be in very good health.

The PFC is installed but currently untuned, as the coils playing up make it very hard to strap it onto a dyno for tuning.

If you mean you'd like to buy the car with the PowerFC/HC then yes we can talk prices. If you mean you'd like the PFC and hand controller separately, that's only an option if the car sells with the stock ECU, meaning I have a PowerFC laying around.

Not sure exactly, but I've been told around the $500 mark. As I said though, it can't really be tuned properly until the coil issue has been fixed. I'm not sure if it's coils or ignitor box, I'm currently hunting down a spare ignitor to test the theory. You can get 2nd hand stock coils for a few hundred, or a set of Splitfires to suit a series 1 RB25DET for around the $800 mark iirc. If it's the ignitor, I'm not sure what they're worth but they're a lot cheaper than a set of coils.

Not trying to put you off (try finding a second hand car that doesn't have a problem of some kind), just being honest :(