SAU Community

Springs: How low is too low?

G'day all,

Im gonna put some new springs on my car this weekend, just wouldnt mind some feedback from other people on how low I should go. Im considering putting these 50mm lowered king springs in cos I can get em cheap. I have heard that lowering skylines affect rear neg camber angles significantly but Im more worried about my exhaust scraping.

Any thoughts and pictures would be appreciated.

:headspin: ;) :headspin:

Technically in NSW legally all parts of the car other than the wheel+tyres need to be atleast 100mm off the ground.

As for everything go stupid - my muffler isn't attached properly so if I scrape it lightly = no worries. *wink*

Thanks for the response, do you know how much your car has been lowered?

:headspin:

my car has been lowered 2 inches front and back. The back sits just above the tyre which is how i want it and the front is a little lower (right on tyre) due to extra weight from engine i assume.

I would of liked the front to be a little bit higher now but im too lazy to raise it. If i were going to lower a skyline now i would probably go 1.5inches front and back.

so your planning to drop it 50mm, i wouldnt go any lower if i were you but thats just my opinion.

• 4 years later...

I have King lows in mine now and it's fine. Way more than 100mm from the ground, my massive exhaust never scrapes.

I think any lower than their 'low' springs is starting to get a bit low though - i.e. super low, super super low, ultra low.