SAU Community

Need globes for my R33

Pulp

Hey all! Wondering if anyone knows where I can get halogen globes for my R33. It's the 4door GTST Type M model.

I've got the main globes (H4s), but I need the ones that light up the road when you indicate, and the ones that sit in the spoiler next to the indicators.

I've bee told they do make them, but don't know where to look.

Cheers. :Bang:

in the 4 door r33's when you turn a corner an extra aux light lights up the are you are turning into so that you can see ahead so to speak

very speccy

but strich he also wants the fog light globes too

umm PULP i would ring paul atr autoworx in wangara.. he will know what globes you need as he has done a few 4 doors in his time.. likewise a few 4 door owners will chirp in shortly

on the plastic of the headlight itself.. the black back area it should list what bulbs are required for each socket?

Thanks RiaZ,

Yeah I was trying to reply to Strich lastnight but there was something wrong with the website.

Yeah aint a bad little feature, just trying to match up all my globes as it looks unfinished with just one set changed.

I'll give Paul a call anyway, thanks for that!

:) Yeah mate they do, well mine does anyway. Unless it's only a series 2 thing I wouldn't know. Never taken notice if it is the same with older models.

I called Paul from Autoworx, and he wasn't 100% sure if they made white halogen to replace the globe, said to try Repco.

oh great

did he tell you what kind of globe at least like an h1 or what

cos i mean finding matching colour etc isnt too difficult.

the narva blue ones or something are actually just white with no blue whatsoever

dunno why they fricken call it that its off putting

i think its the same for the hella ones as well

Umm Kym, not really stand corrected.. i am pretty sure its a series II headlight feature on the 4 dorrs only thats why its that silver background and doesnt just take 2 h1 globes

so yeah when you go into a corner when indicating this AUX bulb lights the turn before you enter to allow for spotting hazards

now i'm sorry but these japs are just crazy

i think they figure the coupe owners will be going too quick to care about a light and they hit things all the time anyways so why bother with the expensive headlight

bwahahahaha

Yeah i have SII R33 and the courtesy lights are cool. but i had a SII coupe Indicator assembly put on mine before i got it and i dont have the indicator stalk swith for the fog lamps :rant:. Need to get it wired up. BTW that info on the globes would be interesting as i was thinking about the same upgrade, please post info if/when you get it :rant:

cheers

EVILINGT

The SII R33 Sedan take the H4 globes out the front. They have two elements in them, one for normal lights the other for high beam. I think on 2doors you have a H1 for normal light and H3 for high beam. (Maybe the other way round!)

But the courtesy lights have a double conductor and the pins are offset from each other. I've seen them in a red colour, but I think that would attract some attention! I've got a guy in Northbridge checking for me, place called Cartronics, I'll keep you all posted pn what I find.

Catchas!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again all!!

I found those globes for the indicator courtesy lights!

I tried everywhere in Perth, finally a place in East Perth called Carquest, Shop 9, 5 Short Street, guy there called Raymond. I've installed them and they now match my Super White H4 halogen lights.

I also got clear indicator covers from one of our sponsors, Import Scene.

Gregg from Import Scene helped me out heaps! They have these gear shifters as well, look fantastic in the car, go check it out!

www.importscene.com.au

i want those lights that light up blue... like the road lights up blue... or superwhites ... i hate yellowish/white.. standardish ones i have...

plus mine are all outta whack and need to be aligned... where would i go to get that done ??

Well Mirkz this guy in East Perth had alot of stuff like that.

The globes I got have a dark blue glass, when lit up they are super white with a tinge of blue. Don't really light up the road a blue colour.

My main head lights do though, well you can see a bit of blue on the road. like the new cars have. Go in and see him anyway mate.