SAU Community

Aftermarket Computer for R32 GTR?

Just wondering what you guys are using or would recommend..

The car is going to be used for street use only with the idea to run 200-250kw @ the wheels..

Personally ive heard the Power Fc is the way to go?

Any comments would be appericiated.

sorry if it sounds like a stupid q, but can't you get that sort of power out of your gtr without an ecu upgrade? or do you want it for other reasons, ie saftey of motor?

na not a stupid questions at all i rekon its very possible to get that power with a stock ecu but id like to know if its worth the money to upgrade the ecu for the reason you said safety plus,idle,driveability etc

Just wondering what you guys are using or would recommend..

The car is going to be used for street use only with the idea to run 200-250kw @ the wheels..

Personally ive heard the Power Fc is the way to go?

Any comments would be appericiated.

Power FC is the way to go. Trust me when you have "200-250kw" for a while, you will want more....then a little bit more...then just squeeze some low mounts in there......and so on, and so on.

Stock ecu may cope. Power FC all the way. Do it once, do it right.

If your only going for that much power just get the standard chip remapped.

thats where it get tricky caus a chips is say $800-900..

aiming for 240kw@wheels..

but say i plan to keep the car for a while longer and I have the cash for a turbo up grade later on il most liklely need a computer uprgade? Correct

Power FC is the way to go. Trust me when you have "200-250kw" for a while, you will want more....then a little bit more...then just squeeze some low mounts in there......and so on, and so on.

Stock ecu may cope. Power FC all the way. Do it once, do it right.

I think you are getting my drift now, i have had the car for about a year and a half and ive just cleaned it up to my liking..

Id rather do it once as you say because you just end up spending twice too many times...

I got a R32 GTR with just under 250kw's at the wheels, currently running a tuned Power FC. Extremely happy with it, made a big improvement. Best thing is, that basically anymore performance upgrades I do, is totally within the power FC's limits :(

I got a R32 GTR with just under 250kw's at the wheels, currently running a tuned Power FC. Extremely happy with it, made a big improvement. Best thing is, that basically anymore performance upgrades I do, is totally within the power FC's limits :)

What other mods have you done to your car?

Totally agree about the potential of the power fc thats why i wouldnt rush out and get just a chip..

The only prob i believe is the pfc is not plug in and its pretty expensive to tune..

What other mods have you done to your car?

Totally agree about the potential of the power fc thats why i wouldnt rush out and get just a chip..

The only prob i believe is the pfc is not plug in and its pretty expensive to tune..

Power FC is definitely Plug in!

Other mods are..

HKS front pipes

Trust cat back exhaust

'Steel Wheel' stock turbo's

Apexi pod filters

HKS cam gears

11.5psi made 220 rwkw's and 14psi made 248rwkw's.

And I disagree with the power Fc being expensive to tune. BUT it does all depend on who you take it too AND what mods you have.

Other mods are..

HKS front pipes

Trust cat back exhaust

Apexi pod filters

HKS cam gears

And I disagree with the power Fc being expensive to tune. BUT it does all depend on who you take it too AND what mods you have.

Hi there;

this is exactly the type of build I'm going to do and the bost level I'm wanting to run with the exception that I have N1s. can I ask where you got it tuned please?

Other mods are..

HKS front pipes

Trust cat back exhaust

Apexi pod filters

HKS cam gears

Once again thanks heaps for the info!

I have been quoted around $600-700 to get the Power Fc and tuned?

Do you thinks that is around the mark..

Yeah, I can't believe PFC with tune =$600-700 too, that's more likely is the price for the remap chip + tune. PFC is good, but Motec is much better.

sorry guys my mistake around $400 to get it tuned and around hopefully around $1200-1400 for the pfc...

Know anyone thats sells them cheaper???

Nengun / Greenline will be the cheapest you will find (new).  

If that is too much then try and source yourself a second hand FC, but even then, they wont be all that much cheaper.

i have got a quote of brent@ nengun $850 my only concen ordering direct out of japan is warranty side of things?? Has anyone ordered out direct out of japan??

Any one have a web page for Greenline is he in Aus?

$850 would be without the hand controller. Warranty shouldn't be an issue. If you have a problem just send it back and he should sort it out. He is pretty good like that....

Greenline is in Japan also. www.greenline.jp

Im waiting on a price from a mates workshop if its too expensive il most likely go throught brent..

Do you think i should buy it with a hand controller, ive managed to finda few places in melb that have a hand controller to tune it?

Why spend the money now??? What mods does your car have? to give you an example, my car made 230rwkw on 10psi. Stock ECU, AFM's, pump, injectors, turbos, I/C. Aftermarket pods, front pipes, 3inch exhaust.

If I were you I would stick with the stock ECU UNTIL you are ready to upgrade the parts that require a different ECU (being injectors, AFM's, Turbos). That is what I am doing. I'll be getting the PFC once I upgrade a few parts.