SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

• 3 weeks later...

just thought id add

td06-17c internal gate, standard mani

ems stinger

gtr inject

fmic

spiking to 21 an holding at 19psi, gay bleeder

pretty safe tune timing an fuel wise...at one point engine saw 24psi with no pinging or detonation...time to go external gate so i can run that 20-22psi steady.

all i can say is hearing an rb20 with 1.5 bar in the pipes on dyno is erm..like the guy at the end of the nutri grain ad....very loud screams

Thats nice power on the 20. Can you tell me what 80km/h equates to in RPM on that graph. It's sometimes hard to figure rpm vs speed because of the different car setups.

Cheers

Turbine

just pick up my car from the tuners still has problems but its getting there stopped tuning because of overheating wrong injectors to small and restrictive exhaust attached dyno graph would like opions might make this club yet

Cheers Peter

What exhaust are you running? I seem to recall you were running a 2530???????

The overheating thing is a bugger, what injectors were you using, as the running out of injector thing could be solved by cleaning up the mixtures...the A/F turns pig rich in the top ned. At that boost level and cleaned up fuelling i wonder if you cen get well into the 240rwkws?

Well we can only try Im running 460 cc injectors from a rotary I'll try to explain as it was explained to me that rotary injectors have a straight out squirt and are deflectered for the spray pattern where as the inlet for an rb are divided to the 2 inlet valves the straight pattern just hits the side and shoots all over the place thats the trouble with this type of injector I sujestered going to rb26 injectors but he seems there to small for it his only played with the inlet cam so for and a little on the exhaust so he wants it back as soon as ive fixed the problems now where to find some injectors more money but more fun too

Peter

Well we can only try Im running 460 cc injectors from a rotary I'll try to explain as it was explained to me that rotary injectors have a straight out squirt and are deflectered for the spray pattern where as the inlet for an rb are divided to the 2 inlet valves the straight pattern just hits the side and shoots all over the place thats the trouble with this type of injector I sujestered going to rb26 injectors but he seems there to small for it his only played with the inlet cam so for and a little on the exhaust so he wants it back as soon as ive fixed the problems now where to find some injectors more money but more fun too  

Peter

I remember one of my mates had this problem. He actually had the injectors modded so they had this spray thingy on them.

Where are the injectors located on a silvertop RB20?

I have a red top ECCS RB20 and injectors are located in the intake runners approx. 100mm away from the head. I'm not sure if this was a unique mounting position on my car (GTSR) as there is provision to mount injectors straight into the head which have been plugged up from factory.

Yeh the injectors are located in the runners on the inlet manifold. Though i think the injectors are a bit closer to the inlet valves. Actually they are only 20mm from the flange that bolts the manifold to the head...this might be because your engine used the butterfly inelt setup???

Also, just grabbed latest HPI, and a little disapointed in that it appears the turbo setup that they are using in the buildup aint the best:(

In shootout mode the RB20 with reco'ed head and 1.3bar, using Tomei valve springs and 260/8.8 inlet and 270/8.8 exhaust cams made 239rwkws. At 4,500rpm its only making 150rwkws.

Once they get the 2.4L forged bottom end in there i really hope they throw that old turbo setup away and find something a little nicer. I was really looking forward to this series of articles to see if finally a well sorted RB20 could make the numbers...Im making more power with no cams and less boost:(

At

3,750rpm 66 vs 96rwkws

4,500rpm 150 vs 195rwkws

5,000rpm 215 vs 219rwkws

6,250rpm 239 vs 234rwkws

Same peak power figures at 6,250rpm. Please let them put a TD06 or a 2835 etc on this thing when its done. Whats scary is my figures arent shootout and less boost:(

Well there doing better than me at the moment but at least there using the same ecu anyone know how many klms the motors done ????

Peter

Some newbie Rb20 owner questions:

What the difference between a 'silver' top and 'red' top RB20 ?

How big ( flow) are standard Rb20 injectors and what is max power for these std ones ?

I understand GTR injectors with resistor balast is a good/cheap upgrade - is this true ?

Cheers,

Well there doing better than me at the moment but at least there using the same ecu anyone know how many klms the motors done

No idea of the kms, it probably said so in the early article when describing the car as they bought it.

But looking at your plot, its making big boost well before 4,500rpm, it doesnt fall over at high rpm and looks to show plenty of promise considering your still playing...the onl thing is i would trade in some of the boost you are running and lean it out a little and see what sort of power it makes. (PS im assuming you are running a 17" tyre...that how i calculated road speed v rpm)

hey roy, what injectors are u using and what fuel pressure do u run them at, when u made ur 260rwkw did ur TD06 have much left in it

Im running GTR injectors, and i dont know exactly the figure it made when we removed the cat and it ran 22psi, but going on what i have read of the same setup on RB25s they dont seem to make over 270rwkws...so im 99.9999% sure the thing wont make more power, plus i think im out of injectors.

I should add even though it makes more power with the extra 4-6psi, it doesnt really mean anything as at the moment im confident that the cars power/boost is very reliable. So doesnt realy matter if it makes more power if im too weak sauce to try that boost level. Perhaps if a dyno day comes up or i go to the drags again i may give it a tweak...but right now im not feeling too adventurous:(

...oh, im running GTR injectors with std fuel reg, and Bosch 040.

B-man off the top of my head, RB20 injectors equal bad, something like 190rwkws sees them calling it quits...and if you can find the resistor pack GTR are cheap at $250-300