SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

cubes

the thing is as stock as your gonna get besides from big turbo,injectors and ecu.

we've had the plenum completly off and the inlet ports have definatly not been touched, same goes for the exhaust side.

no obvious signs off it getting cams BUT we havent pulled the covers off to see, and definatly no cam gears because we replaced the timing belt

the TD-06 20g with 16c we think might be nearing its limits, id love to change the setup to a high mount gt30 .63 just for curiosity sakes but i dont want to start throwing cash at it id rather it went to my rb30/26...

its cheaper to retune it than it is to start changing things

He is running a T^D06-20G though with the 16am housing. I can see there being a few kws more in my setup. But i dougbt i could make more then 275rwkws. The bigger housing must really help the little 20G make more top. The 8cm housing im running is tiny :)

I wish i had the 8cm housing instead of the 10cm :(

DAMN L2 kit is going to be the death of me i tell you...

My cams should be here next week hopefully so will post up how things go once the car is running and tuned :)

I wish i had the 8cm housing instead of the 10cm :)

DAMN L2 kit is going to be the death of me i tell you...

My cams should be here next week hopefully so will post up how things go once the car is running and tuned :)

The 8cm housing certainly made mine a lot more responsive and nice to drive. I will contact you when i sell my setup, if you want to swap housings then it may suit me better as im more likely to sell the kit to an RB25 owner, in which case the 10cm housing is going to suit them better. Shame that more RB20 owners arent willing to turn to the darkside that is trust rather then BB Garret/HKS turbos as they tend to think they are bigger and laggier ;)

ive just made the purchase of a td06 with the 8cm housing. waiting for my manifold to show up then i can stick it all together and see what all the comotion is all about

good to see my old car copping TD-06 luv :)

Here is the latest result for my car...old result was 201rwkw at 17psi with a restrictive cat...now it has been replaced with a metal cat and it made 217rwkw at 19.5psi...Sam aka Dr Drift was able to dial in a few more degrees of ignition timing with the better flowing cat and hence the improved result...driveability has improved a fair bit with the added timing but its still abit of a slug down low (can't be helped as its an rb20)...regardless i'm pretty happy with the final result...i think its near the limit of the current setup but its still far off from the big numbers some of you are pulling...

1989 RB20DET R32

3" Turboback Exhaust with 3" Metalcat

Hybrid FMIC

Bosch 040

GTR Injectors

Z32 afm

Turbotech Bleeder

Aerospeed cam gears

HKS 2535

DR DRIFT Remap

217rwkw.jpg

Edited by limpus

What are the cam gears set at and what brand exhaust. Its strange but some of the cars making good power are usign HKS and Trust exhausts, whilst the cars that are perhaps a few kws down run Aussie or Z-Force etc exhausts. Perhaps it has to do with the quality of the mufflers and the fact that a 3" exhaust is 76.2mm where Jap 3" exhausts are 80mm?!?!?!?!?!

Cam gears are set a IN+3 and EX-6...as for the exhaust...its some generic jap exhaust that came with the car...but i had a large resonator welded in to reduce noise...so that can't be helping...

Edited by limpus

Any updates AD4M? Until Legend can get back out there you are carrying the 1/4mile torch. Have you cracked the 11 yet?

no updates yet Roy we're still in our off season at the plex, im counting down the weeks hoping it doesnt break befor then :cheers: only a month away now

Had a run at wsid 2 weeks ago first run though I broke the hicas lock . Couldnt figger out why the car felt like it had egg shaped tyres ,One wheel was flappen in the breeze steering itself,Was my first run in 18months so still gotta get some more practice in yet but still ran 12.5 looking for a better pb this wednesday hopefully .Second run I bogged it of the line only ran a 13.4,so still go some work to go b4 I get there, only had the 2 runs cause I found the hicas problem then so called it a night

Cheers Peter

hey all just in the middle of my rb20det build, once complete will have it dynoed and take it to the creek, just keen on getting some of your estimates on how much power i will have with,

to4e top mount

38mm external gate

z32 AFM

550cc injectors

bosch 040 fuel pump

plazmaman plenum

ems 8860

will be running her at 16psi any feed back will be great thanks