SAU Community

R32 advice

Hi,

Just joined the forums to get some advice.

Been looking for a new car for a short while after spending several years and way too much money on V8's, and after driving a few different cars have my heart set on an R32 GTS-T or GT-R (obviously more expensive)

My budget is about 15K but could go to 25K for the right GT-R, but to be honest would rather stick around 15K.

What are my options here guys? It seems I could import an R32 GTS-T and have a bit of change of a few mods for the 15K - does this seem attainable or am I dreaming? If so what are the things I should look out for in these models apart from the obvious things.

Performance wise im happy to just get used to the car first before wanting to wind up boost and stuff like that, Ive had enough experience driving V8s for many years (im 30 btw) so inexperience with handling fast cars isnt an issue, but having said that, is always good to get back to basics with different engine configs.

sorry for rant , but for any helpful advice I would be grateful.

thanks..

Guest two.06l
']Hi,

Just joined the forums to get some advice.

Been looking for a new car for a short while after spending several years and way too much money on V8's, and after driving a few different cars have my heart set on an R32 GTS-T or GT-R (obviously more expensive)  

My budget is about 15K but could go to 25K for the right GT-R, but to be honest would rather stick around 15K.

What are my options here guys? It seems I could import an R32 GTS-T and have a bit of change of a few mods for the 15K - does this seem attainable or am I dreaming?  If so what are the things I should look out for in these models apart from the obvious things.

Performance wise im happy to just get used to the car first before wanting to wind up boost and stuff like that, Ive had enough experience driving V8s for many years (im 30 btw) so inexperience with handling fast cars isnt an issue, but having said that, is always good to get back to basics with different engine configs.

sorry for rant , but for any helpful advice I would be grateful.

thanks..

Buy what you can afford to maintain/modify, just because you can afford to buy a GTR does not mean you necessarily can afford to maintain one.( these cars arent very kind to your wallet).Paul...DIRTgarage.

Guest two.06l
']good point, im not really looking for something I want to throw endless amounts of $$$ at, been there done that with the V8's.

The GTST seems a good option then - so for 15K am I thinking sensibly?

Yeah for the money you could get a great ride and afford to throw a bit of mod. money into it. Rule of thumb is try and buy the cleanest unmodified example you can find.

Thanks mate for your prompt replies.

Import wise, what are some reputable companies to deal with that have websites etc?

Ive seen j-spec and prestigemotorsports, just curious if there is many others out there. (I have looked a little, but admittedly havent searched to much)

Sorry for the questions, but I was told this forum was really helpful and it seems that way - just want to get all the info I can before i jump in the deepend...

cheers

Guest two.06l
']Thanks mate for your prompt replies.

Import wise, what are some reputable companies to deal with that have websites etc?

Ive seen j-spec and prestigemotorsports, just curious if there is many others out there. (I have looked a little, but admittedly havent searched to much)

Sorry for the questions, but I was told this forum was really helpful and it seems that way - just want to get all the info I can before i jump in the deepend...

cheers

we looked at 12 GTRs before buying the one we did. Takes a bit of leg work but you will be rewarded in the end. Just start looking be prepared to walk away from a car your not completely happy with.

I'm with Paul & Stacey(of DIRTgarage fame/infamy!)-most sell their souls just to afford a GTR-but they're an older car(or at least the 32's and 33's are)-something will not be right,and it'll cost big to fix usually.If a car that retailed here in Oz for $110,00 can be had for low to mid 20K,I'd say that is giving you fair warning it wont be right from the start!My 32 cost a reasonable amount more and,whilst in better overall condition than most,still needs some TLC in places.Spring for the neatest,unmodified example of a GTS-T(four doors seem to be better value...hint,hint)and spend the extra dollars making it stop and handle(power comes later-no good without the first two things).There's my 2c worth!Good luck,and happy Skylining!

i just bought an 89 r32 gtst for 12k the only real problem with it is it needs some body work but 1.5 -2 k should have it lookin good the interior is spotless for a 15 year old car and its only got 85000 ks on it but i think it was a case of being in the right place at the right time for my car all the others i have seen are around 18k

four doors ey?? never thought of that?

Is there much weight difference between the 2? having the 4 doors could definately have its advantages for me thats for sure - I will definately keep that in mind - and thanks again for all the helpful replies.