SAU Community

Fried my clutch...

Grim

My clutch caught on fire today when with 5 people crammed in I dumped it at only 3,500rpm.

It's still ok to drive but a bit spongy. Do you think it will last me another few weeks of daily driving until I move to Sydney in 4 weeks? Or should I replace it as soon as possible?

What clutches do you recommend that are good and affordable?

grim if your name was dr drift I would tell you to replace it straight away. but I think it will last the 4 week till you get to sydney . YOU TRAITOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for an exedy dakin organic heavy duty exstatic has one and loves it so do many others its not as harsh as others.

no need for ceramic unless you are going to go nuts on the motor.

cheers

meggala

I recently replaced my clutch as the bitch started slipping the day before we left for Jamboree!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR :) (My car stayed in Sydney for that week ;))

I ordered a custom built clutch from Direct Clutch in QLD who made a heavy duty baby for me :) It cost $388 for my car (Dunno bout a skyline)

DIRECT CLUTCH SERVICE

4 Bimbil St Albion 4010

Phone: (07) 3862 2680

Fax: (07) 3262 9250

Well, yeah, you are right! It can be very hard to drive a skyline easy! But when she starts slippin, and you are going nowhere you dont really want to hurt your baby!

As for the heavy duty clutch, I have found it ok so far. It's a little harder, but you expect that. Changes can be marginally quicker (for me anyway). The only thing I have found so far that is annoying is that when the car is cold, I have to pump the clutch a few times to get more pressure in the lines. I think that may be a problem though, so I'm going to get it checked.

Eek