SAU Community

Tires worn out :(

flex

hey guys!

i recently took my tires off, and found that the inside of both my front tires are worn down pretty bad. i'm guessing its due to my car being dumped, causing the wheels to be on an angle. what do i need to get this fixed? is there a place you guys can reccommend me? i'm a noob on this, so any info and advice will help me get the ball rolling. appreicate it :)

hey guys!

i recently took my tires off, and found that the inside of both my front tires are worn down pretty bad. i'm guessing its due to my car being dumped, causing the wheels to be on an angle. what do i need to get this fixed? is there a place you guys can reccommend me? i'm a noob on this, so any info and advice will help me get the ball rolling. appreicate it :)

You probably just need a wheel alignment mate. Ask your local tyre dealer.

If you're driving around daily with seriously dumped suspension, your negative camber will obviously wear the insides of your tires b4 the outer tire... so a wheel alignment isnt going to solve the problem. It's something you have to expect if you run lots of negative camber to fit the wheel/tire under your guards when your car has very low suspension. Looks good but only get half the use out of your tires ! Hope they're not 19's :D

yeah, i have 17"s on my wheels.  

where can i get an adjustable camber kit? and get it installed aswell?

how do i correct the -ve camber? i also doubt its my wheel alignment...

Skylines don't have much adjustment when it comes to camber. Get adj. upper or lower control arm bushes and get it all aligned.

Simple fix.

Hi mate,

I got a mate that used to work at repco to contact nolothane which made the adjustable control arm bushes up for me.

Make sure the mechanic puts em on properly. I have 18" and my front tyres are stuffed now.

I then took my car to a place called Trackright in Dandenong and they fixed it up for me, they also do wheel alignments.

Hope everything goes well

take it easy

Mark

Go to Centreline for a good wheel alignment (thomastown).. they do all suspension mods/installations etc including whiteline kits.. gave me a cheaper quote than listed on the whiteline website.

9469-2914

I definately do not recommend B.J. at Preston due to more than one bad experience on 3 different cars. :