SAU Community

R33 Mounting Intercooler Pics??

Does any one have pics of the R33 with a 600x300x76 intercooler mounted?

i just want to get an idea of,

how high to mount it, how far..etc.

i have a stock S1 GTS-T front bar, and would like to cut it out for better flow..etc.

any ideas or pics would be apriciated.

thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah man I have put one on my car, I think I have pics somewhere.... you will need to do some cutting of the bumper support. I dont know about the bumper itself as I put an aftermarket one on at the same time. PM me with your email address and I will send them on... if I can find them that is :-)

Just saw the pics in this thread, it'll give you an idea of how to trim your bumper support - especially the second pic...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=59587

yeah man I have put one on my car, I think I have pics somewhere.... you will need to do some cutting of the bumper support. I dont know about the bumper itself as I put an aftermarket one on at the same time. PM me with your email address and I will send them on... if I can find them that is   :-)

Just saw the pics in this thread, it'll give you an idea of how to trim your bumper support - especially the second pic...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=59587

I have a R33 S1 and I wasnt to pleased with the method of hacking up your front bumper bar support, either horizontally or front on to fit a 600/300 intercooler. Structurally I dont know how this affects the ability of the front support section to absorb impacts. Also I wasnt to keen on advertising to every dog and his bone that I had a front mount. I really like the stock sleeper look. After much measuring I found that with very minimal trimming I could get the cooler sitting vertical against the radiator ( but not touching ), removing the original air con fan and mounting two 10 inch fans against the front of the cooler and hooking them up to the original wiring. Had to make a new bonnet suport bracket and made a stainless steel flat plate to sit on the top of the cooller to hide the whole thing from view if you looked down between the front grill and radiator support.

I have a R33 S1 and I wasnt too pleased with the method of hacking up your front bumper bar support, either horizontally or front on to fit a 600/300 intercooler. Structurally I dont know how this affects the ability of the front support section to absorb impacts. Also I wasnt to keen on advertising to every dog and his bone that I had a front mount. I really like the stock sleeper look. After much measuring I found that with very minimal trimming I could get the cooler sitting vertical against the radiator ( but not touching ), removing the original air con fan and mounting two 10 inch fans against the front of the cooler and hooking them up to the original wiring. Had to make a new bonnet suport bracket and made a stainless steel flat plate to sit on the top of the cooller to hide the whole thing from view if you looked down between the front grill and radiator support.