SAU Community

Mods for R32 gtr

Sneeky

OK I Have just become the owner of a R32 gtr.

First thing on the list is a bigger exhaust.

Second thing on the list is ??????????

Can anyone tell me what mods I should do first, obviously I want to get the most bang for the least $$$

What boost can a stock R32 gtr sustain before something craps?

I have heard thet excessive boost causes a fuel shortage and leans them out too much, also that the compressor wheels cannot hold more than 13 or 14 psi for long spurts. Would it be safe to pull 13 psi on a stock setup? (engine is relatively tight, 80 000 Km)

Also just a few queries, probably should post on the braking thread but seing as how I am here, Does the 32 gtr come standard with cross drilled and slotted front and cross drilled rear rotors?? Mine has them and A friend said they must be non-standard.

also is my 300km/h dash standard? I believe they come standard with 180km/h but not sure.

The car was dynoed recently and produced 196kw@ the wheels, I thought this was good even for a gtr 206kw standard at the flywheel , I figured it would pull about 160 at the tyres???

*edit*

Forgot to add pictures http://sneeky.yafro.com

cheers

Guest two.06l
OK  I Have just become the owner of a R32 gtr.

First thing on the list is a bigger exhaust.

Second thing on the list is ??????????

Can anyone tell me what mods I should do first,  obviously I want to get the most bang for the least $$$

What boost can a stock R32 gtr sustain before something craps?

I have heard thet excessive boost causes a fuel shortage and leans them out too much,  also that the compressor wheels cannot hold more than 13 or 14 psi for long spurts.  Would it be safe to pull 13 psi on a stock setup? (engine is relatively tight,   80 000 Km)

Also just a few queries,  probably should post on the braking thread but seing as how I am here,   Does the 32 gtr come standard with cross drilled and slotted front and cross drilled rear rotors??  Mine has them and A friend said they must be non-standard.

also  is my 300km/h dash standard?  I believe they come standard with 180km/h but not sure.

The car was dynoed recently and produced 196kw@ the wheels,  I thought this was good   even for a gtr   206kw standard at the flywheel , I figured it would pull about 160 at the tyres???

*edit*

Forgot to add pictures  http://sneeky.yafro.com

cheers

we pulled 284 rwkw in a near stock r32 gtr. Was enough to win a trophy at Unique autosports dyno day for Skylines Australia. p.m. me for specs.

9881DIRTgarage_dyno1.jpg

all the questions you've posted can be answered by trying 10-15 mins and getting to know the search button.

You'll get much more detailed answers and probably ideas you aint even asked about.

cheers  - ash

cheers will do.

Dont 4get the twin plate clutch.... you'll find that the standard one wont handle 2 many launches with out fryin :)

*edit*

Nice car 2!!!! gotta love the black ones.....

Amen to that. I'm about to put in number 4 :)