SAU Community

4-door R32 Tail Lights conversion?

armbrecht

• 8 months later...

its one of the guys from NZ.

its not matt black either its satin black... there is actually a big difference.

very fat car... even has the rims im buying for my 4door.

as ive said in other threads... the std 4door lights look hot on dark coloured cars... just not white or silver.

i always thought it was such a shame that they never made those any bigger than 17s... but all the skylines and other cars ive seen em on look bigger than 17s anyway.

still... 18s would look fat... but only Bee-R make that exact style in 18s and they look fat as.

yes it can be done but its a hell of a job

you will not need to change the rear guards but you will need the corners for the tail lights on the boot from a coupe

you will need to cut out the area behind the tail lights to make the coupe ones fit

rear bar lines up ok will need to have to change the reinforcement to a coupe one

and you will also need the reverse lights from a coupe

thanks to UPI for lending all the parts to test fit

pics attached to those keen to try it and want ideas

post-851-1127701355.jpg

post-851-1127701414.jpg

Its a huge custom job. The 2 door tail lights are nearly 2 inches taller - as is the bootlid nearly 2 inches wider. The curvature on the outside of the housing is also totally wrong for the sedan.

I dont think you'd be able to get a real factory looking job without some serious custom work.

I've decided to deal with the sedan lights and find other things to worry about.

Jash

• 6 months later...

Hey gaffa, can you please answer the above question.

I'm interested in this conversion as well as I had a slight stuff up with my rear end and finding it hard to source 4 door parts. Also I don't mind the look of a 2 door rear end and if possible I would use the 2 door parts.

Thanx

Ned