SAU Community

Need Advice on installing Speakers on My car! Help

Pva_Glue

Some one Please help me!

Let say I have $1500 to spend

What can I get? BANG FOR BUCK so to speak!

Front Speaker?

Split?

Tweeters

Rear Speak

optional AMP

and maybe 15" SUB

---------------------------------------------------------------

Right now I have FACTORY

Front Speakers

Rear Speakers

Sony 10 CD stacker Head

10 CD stacker in da boot!

I listen to club Music...:P Ministry of Sounds :)

Cheers

Joe

ps.IF anyone at perth Give me some SweetDEAL!!

go to www.strathfield.com.au

you will be able to get a good package there

they used to have a sony XPLOD package for aroung $800-$900 which included:

- 6"

- 6x9s

- 800w sub

- 4x200 boss amp

- cd player

it was a pretty good deal but i dont think they have it anymore. try emailing them and see. every month or so they have new deals which a really cheap

Joe,

You say you have about $1,500 to spend right?

OK, we don't have to worry about a deck or changer as you have them already.

So I say get a set of splits for the front @ $300.00

A 4 channel amp @ $700.00

15" Sub in a box @ $500.00

Bridge two of the channels and run the sub in mono for more power.

I left the cheap rear 2 ways in mine and just faded them right out so that people in the back can hear some of the singing over the 2 x 12" in the boot...

If you went to different places and asked for the stuff above fully installed for $1,500 you would get someone who would do it..

I got my Deck ($1,000), subs and amp ($1,500) fully installed + a box for $2,500, (already had the splits and extra amp installed) In other words they didn't charge me for the box or install. Thats because I shopped around once I decided what to get and played the shops against each other....

Brett

Guest [ryan]

DONT BUY SONY.

Front splits buy some Boston Pro 2-ways for $1k

Rear speakers leave the stock ones.

Spend the other $500 on an amp for the front speakers, and then get a subwoofer and another amp later on. Do it right the first time, dont waste your money on SONY SHIT.

Guest [ryan]

boston pro's are very high end

high end splits = Boston Pro, MB Quart, Dynaudio System 260 and 360, Hertz Hi Energy etc..

I definatly rate Boston Pro's.... VERY VERY good split.... You can have them absoloutely screaming and they dont loose any quality what so ever...

i'm just having a look on the boston web site at all their product range. it seems quite impressive.

what splits should i get? they have the 5.5, 6.5, or the 6.5³. the 6.5³ i think will be a bit to $$$.

just to let you know what i plan to do (in case it helps)...i've got a head unit that i will use for the moment but will upgrade in a couple of months. i've only got the standard speakers at the moment. i don't want any subs for the moment however i will eventually. right now i just want to add some new front speakers and possible some rear ones after the front. what sort of amp should i get to run the fronts and also the rears when i get them?

thanks for the help guys.

Jackal...

I had Boston's Flagship 6.5³'s in my old car, and I can vouch that they are absolutely magnificent speakers (as you you imagine) :P

They retail for $1600 and I'm asking $800 for them.

The only problem is that one speaker mounting hole is broken on a 4" Mid-range..

Merli. :uh-huh:

Boston 6.5s are 2-Way Splits (6.5" Mid-Bass, 1" Tweeter)

Boston 6.5³s are 3-Way Splits (6.5" Mid-Bass, 4" Mid-Range, 1" Tweeter)

The 6.5³s sound much more natural with the extra Mid-Range frequencies... They are really worlds apart, you can't compare them....

Mine are about 1.5 years old... But haven't been used for the last 6 months and have recently (1 month ago) been removed from the car.

I suppose I can take pics if you *REALLY* wanted them, but they look exactly like the ones off the website.

No, they were installed in a Proton :P

As you may have guessed, the 6.5" Mid-bass was mounted in the door, and the 4" Mid-range and 1" Tweeter were mounted on a custom fibreglass kickpanel.