SAU Community

Aircon Pulley bearing

Jolinator

the bearing inside the pulley of the aircon assembly has died, ive tried nissan who sayed i have to by the whole tensioner assembly, bracket and all, i tried coventrys,repco and a bearing place, anyone no were i can get a replacement, number on bearing is, 6301LU

cheers

the bearing inside the pulley of the aircon assembly has died, ive tried nissan who sayed i have to by the whole tensioner assembly, bracket and all, i tried coventrys,repco and a bearing place, anyone no were i can get a replacement, number on bearing is, 6301LU

6301 is listed in my NSK catalogue. It's just a standard deep groove ball bearing. Not sure about the 'L', but U indicates rubber seal or seals.

Don't see that it's anything special, any bearing place should be able to help, but I see you've tried one. All I can suggest is grabbing the yellow pages and ringing around a few more. If I get the chance I'll try my supplier, but that's not going to help you much as I'm in Melbourne.

• 2 years later...

I have a replacement bearing - NSK. I haven't changed it over yet as I got a replacement pulley with the original bearing in it from a wrecker. I will change it over when I get time. This is written on the side of the box it's in 6301VVCM NS7S 612.

This was crossed over at Statewide Bearings or CBC (Consolidated Bearing Company) can't remember which one.

As most have already said take the belt and pulley off, drive down and show them the pulley and get them to match the bearing. They may be able to swap it over for you too. If they can't do it try a local engineering place.

Last resort, you may be able to remove it with a socket of a similar size to the outer rim of the bearing. Carefully use a hammer to tap it out with the socket on the outer rim, get the new bearing and use the same method to put it in.