SAU Community

RB Inlet/Exhaust Valves

Roy

Everywhere i look concerning the SR20DET i read how they use Sodium filled valves for better cooling.

Question is does the RB26DETT use Sodium filled valves? What about the RB20/25?

And whats a reasonable asking price for some good quality aftermarket valves...nothing truly exotic, at the minimum equiv to std Nissan RB26 valves or a bit better...

And if the aftermarket ones arent filled with sodium, is there any real world difference, especially since i would consider getting the HPC caoted anyway?

Cheers ppl

LOL...but i may be able to get my hands on an RB26 head with a few bent valves for an attractive price...considering id want to get the head rebuilt anyway...it may just start the ball rolling:)

The RB26 uses 7mm stem diameter exhaust valves, probably so the stem strength isn't compromised by being partly hollow with the sodium within. RB25 engine has 6mm exhaust stem diameter and they are not sodium filled. The bigger stem diameter also gives a larger surface contact area with the guide, giving a better heat exit path into the head and waterways. Both engines use 6mm intake stem size, AFAIK.