SAU Community

I got a defect notice (WA)

Just got done for a defect notice.

now get this

got pulled over (900pmish) by a cop car, pulled out onto a 60k zone pretty fast (note: automatic late 80s magna, so not fast compared to boosted jap car or v8 or even a six) and accellerated to 60. Before I knew it I had disco lights behind me, so I pulled over to a closed service station and idled. The cop (duel cab rodeo pady wagon thing) did the NYPD "drives infront of my car and parks with lights on thing" and the two cops get out. me and my mate are just sitting there giggling like kids at how american cops influence our cops, its not like i was going to do a runner, they came over, made me turn car off and HE TOOK THE KEYS AWAY FROM me i was still giggling and didnt really notice... Anyway, I was my polite self and there was a young chick (early/mid 20s) [note: "bad" cop] and an older guy [note: "quiet/good" cop] Now

1) young chick demands I get out of car

2) old dude asks for licence and am I familar with the 'car impoundment laws' i said no, he left it at that

3) start checking my car, chick tells me to get to back of car, i (which is true) said I have been RBT'd and car checked twice in the last week she also told me to turn lights on, so did {car off the guy cop (smoking a ciggy) had my keys} so parking lights came on, then she asked for the headlights on and im like "can i please have my keys back then? she got the keys and tried to start my car. took her a few goes to get the immobilisr (she didnt want my help!) she even said "is the car in gear?" its an automatic in park dear.... " that shut her up. she also told me to put my foot on the brake (so she could see the brake lights) i go ok and shes like mumble mumble

4) old dude FIRES UP A CIGGY note: we are at a closed service station, like 1m away from fuel bowser

5) inspect my car, i ask the chick "what have I done wrong" she says "you know what You have done wrong" im like, uhhhk

6) asked to pop bonnet, i say to old cop "yeah mate, shes pretty standard, no mods" he goes, yeah no worries chick says IM NOT HAPPY WITH THE BATTERY im like "er dad had it for two years, best mate is a mechanic, they dont have any problems with this car" then she fired up and said "IM SICK OF YOU TELLING ME WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK" im like yep ok, your putting in your 2cents and im putting in my 2cents ok [in a polite way] hahah i was getting nervous

anyway they go back to their car (in front of me) and start writing stuff. I got a defect (nothing else) for damaged front bumper and 2x cracked lights (which were ok by every other cop who pulled me over the last week)

anyway

to top it off they didnt read my licence right, and put my old address (didnt view the sticker on back) and on the defect. they also but my name as the owner of the car, which is incorrect its under another family member

now to be honest i would only dispute this to piss the hell out of the big-head-i-got-a-cute-face-but-im-a-****ing-bitch young chick, but seen they made so many "unprofessional" errors, can I stand my ground? I found the whole matter quiet humourous. Im like "yeah whatever im a polite smart ass" my mate is pissed as in the passengers seat, the cop chick is a nasty bitch, and the guy cop is like "yeah whatever i dont care im happy lets go".

btw im in WA

sorry if it didnt make much sence but but you get the gist.

all in all, she had a huge grudge, its like ive been boning her younger sister or something

ahaha one of lifes experiences

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Vanos solenoid problems and basically all sensors die an early death 
    • Yep, back in the day when you could pick up a Stagea RB25 NEO for $1,500 it was worth it. These days... just chuck your V8 or B58 in.
    • from my limited BMW experience: - they burn oil WTF (B48 FTW 170kW engine) - dump oil every 5,000km and you'll be ok.. until it drops a bearing and rebuild time. replace engine with B58
    • I would avoid the AWD motor in a RWD using a modified RWD sump and pickup. The way the pick up is positioned, you'll have oil pick up issues on hard acceleration on a track around bends. Even with a baffled, gated sump. I suppose if you don't race on a track and it's used for straight line activities or street use you might be ok.
    • They absolutely are, but the thing is, if you're only exposed to these circuits for a while, what I normally think is good driving suddenly isn't so much. I was a pussy at the Nurburgring (GP) entering corners at 180kph - the difference in the balance of the car suddenly becomes so much more pronounced and I'm still a bit regarded at left-foot braking - something I now practice on my commute. So the (dream) plan with the E90 is to make it a 325i Cup car. Whether I get there or not is another matter. In my mind the simplicity of having the NA variant and cost made it a bit more appealing. Plus, like mentioned above, I'm actually too much of a pussy for big power. Of course I f**ked up by not researching enough on the N53 vs N52, the latter being more robust without the DI system.  Suspension-wise on the BMW, and I've been reading the technical requirements for the 325i cup, basically everything except struts has to be standard - bushes are free. I figure you get about 5-10mm adjustment with the rear camber bolts which should translate to 0.5- 1.5 degrees of adjustment. So with coilovers, lowered at 30/40mm I expect I can dial out some of the camber from a drop and attain -1.5 to -2. If necessary, I could get the same effect as the M3 arms with some offset bushes. There is a limitation on ARB width to qualify, although I absolutely want to get either M3 ARBs (can't say sway incase I upset GTSBoy) or the H&R ones - both of these are the cheapest options. Like mentioned, M3 arms are on the way and I should have them fitted within the next week. How are the BC Racing coilovers btw? Reviews are mixed but I think for me they would be fine; a friend of mine uses them on his R34 for track driving and has nothing bad to say. I'm looking at these or the ST coilovers (German brand, new to me) as prescriped the in Cup spec sheet. They're both similarly priced and offer camber adjustment. It's fine but it really upsets my OCD. I've got a couple of options for dialing out the rear camber and keeping my ill-fitting wheels: raise the rear a little bit, say 5mm, that should permit -2.5 camber or drop the front to restore that slight bias of more negative camber up front (not optimal with the roads here). The next alignment won't be until at least next year and I really need to rebuild the rear subframe. For now, I'm not using it at all on the streets except occasional blasts through the German countryside. I was covering about 10k kms p/year in Japan, I expect this to now be about 3-4k. You could say buy better sized wheels, and yes, I should have. But the wheels came from the Z and price of good wheels is just insane now. Again, a couple of options: get a new set (I want 17" RPF1s) or buy two used 9.5J TEs, both are about the same price excluding shipping.