Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the bov was fitted on factory cars for a reason

take it off or block it if you wish, but its doing some damage

how much i cant say, but its doing some

the service life was changed after bovs were factory fitted

so there is obviously some justification behind it

are you sure?

It was the introduction of BB around the same time?

A mates VL did close to 300,000km's with the std bush turbo running 12psi with no bov, he travelled almost 200,000km's in it.

I was talking about blocking it off, going to have a bit of fun on Friday night, then putting it back on. Its not like I'm running hectic boost, only about 7psi atm. Just wanted to know if I am going to be destroying my turbo or not.

Your Turbo will be fine :devil:

Ive gone through so many threads and read so much about not using a BOV. Conclusion is that it will not damage your turbo at all. At the most it will take 1 hour off the life time of your turbo, lol.

Block up your manifold tube and block the BOV with some metal or a coke can and listen to the fully sick flutter :devil:

Im sick of my sucking pod noise.. anyone want to swap for a stock air box ? haha...

Sounds cool at the start but you get the shits because anything over 2500rpm you cant avoid it.

this thread is a joke, to all the morons obsessed with the fluttering noise, the only real flutter that sounds any good and is the cause of something useful comes from a wastegate, preferably an external one off a big turbo. Otherwise dont bother trying to obtain the noise through other means because it never sounds the same and it never sounds cool, its merely an imitation of wastegate flutter.

:devil:

wtf...... seriously

ye i like my REAL wastegate flutter, not this fake stuff all you loosers have.

the best thing is i have 2 waste gates so i get the sound x 2.

Otherwise dont bother trying to obtain the noise through other means because it never sounds the same and it never sounds cool, its merely an imitation of wastegate flutter

Alluminium is a very good conductor of heat.

Anyway your right the coke can will work... bit dodgy though :laugh:

I can't believe this thread is still going, and that you still want your car to flutter.

My bad there. Wasn't all with it that day.

Anyway. As for worrying about aluminium melting, it has a melting point of over 600*C....

Nissan didnt use a BOV on the redtop 20's, and I know of PLENTY of people who are still running the stock turbos on 12+ psi on these engines, so, really its up to you. I dont run a BOV on my 25, and im not going to, dont listen anyone who feeds you the bullshit 'its gonna blow your turbo' story, cause it doesn't.

Edited by juddieR31

Both sides :P theres like one guy saying it'll blow up, and saying that his blew up the day he changed it over.. No one else has recorded anything else of the sort, and the amount of people running big turboes or stock turboes on hi-boost without BOV's shows that if theres any extra wear it's very hard to notice.. It's certainly not going to cause any short term problems