SAU Community

few nooby skyline questions

chopobo

can an automatic turbo r33 be converted into a manual?

how much would this cost?

did the 4 door r33 gts come in turbo?

how much does compliancing cost? what what goes on in compliance? what exactly do they replace etc.

how much does it cost to put on a turbo on a non turbo gts?

can an automatic turbo r33 be converted into a manual?

Yes it can. You need the obvious stuff (gearbox, clutch, pedals), but also need to short the nuetral cutout switch (so it'll start, auto won't start unless it's in N or P) and a manual ECU would be good too but you can get away with the auto one.

how much would this cost?

Dunno. Anyone?

did the 4 door r33 gts come in turbo?

Yes it did. It was still called the GTS25t.

how much does compliancing cost?

Umm... anyone? I think it's currently a few grand but it's all due to change shortly anyway.

what what goes on in compliance? what exactly do they replace etc.

Side intrusion bars, seatbelts (ADR approved), tyres, tyre placard, and plenty of other things I haven't listed.

how much does it cost to put on a turbo on a non turbo gts?

I'll leave this to the guys who've done it. There are a few on this forum.

im pretty sure skylines already have side intrusion bars fitted so they dont need extra ones put in them on compliancing. they also need new fluid/fluid flush, rear mirror change, a dimmer switch for the dash lights, a different size petrol hole(?) to hold the petrol pump nozzle

thats all i can think of at this time

Originally posted by R31 Skyline Chick

Save yourself a lot of headaches, and buy one that's already here. :uh-huh: :burnout:

Agreed - forgot to mention this one in my first post. Unless you absolutely can't bear to part with your auto and/or non-turbo Skyline, just sell it an buy a manual turbo one. Heaps easier in the long run.

6-8 bit high meggs googz from syd got his done for 2600 inc heavy duty clutch for an R33 GTS-T series 2 bargain from hills motorsport in syd. for 8 grand I'd want an Rb26DETT conversion. Given the price of autos sometimes it may be a cost effective option.. just find a good auto elec to do the speedo, bypass the inhibitor switch, and wire up the reverse lights. also getting some small bits is a pain.. and to put the pedal box in you have to remove the steering column. fun job if you like being upside down.

Changing any car from auto to manual is an expensive process... one that generally means you're better off buying the original in the first place.

Unless you a) know people B) have the knowledge to do it yourself or c) can source a cheap "donor" car its going to be in the order of several grand. It might seem easy, but in practice its a lot of headaches from what i've heard.

Same with bolting a turbo engine in there. Cars come out of the factory with certain things... sure, you can replace many things easy enough, but it generally isn't the same as one that came out that way in the first place (kinda like plastic surgery..hehe :D.

ok in that case ill spend a lil more for the manual

cos there are some automatics that are dirt cheap and have all the right stuff cept for the transmission

dammit

why couldn't they just make skylines come only in manual

what is the fun of driving it in auto for

its a damn performance car

man saw so many skylines in the city tonight

and one blue r34 gtr

ooooooh man so nice

and 2 s2000s

damn rich honkies!

and i see too many ftos

oh btw

my friend wants to get an fto

and i told him to get a supra non turbo

now which would be better?

he sez supra drinks too much fuel

but i say its worth it for its performance and looks

Oh and is it worth gettin one of the lines from here?

Guest PassageGT
Originally posted by chopobo

dammit why couldn't they just make skylines come only in manual what is the fun of driving it in auto for its a damn performance car

Its because in japan is a built up place and consits of alot of city driving so its more of a convenience thing