SAU Community

Power Windows Stopped Working

Age has finally caught up with my car (93 GTS-t)?

My power windows stopped working all of a sudden last night.

Lucky it was in the closed position otherwise rain may get in.

When I press the button, there's a click sound in both up/down direction,

which means the motor still got power but something has prevent it to

stop rolling down the windows.

Anyone know how to fix it? There's a couple of tutorial somewhere but now

one of the the thread missing and the other thread the picture links

dont' work anymore. I did a search and yield nothing.

Alternatively anyone know who can fix this easily without damaging my interior door trim? I got quite a busy work schedule sometimes wont even have time to fix it myself after work :rofl:

Guest RedLineGTR

the clicking sound might be a relay or just the switch, check the fuses etc, if your keen pull the trim off the door and see what you find.

If the fuse blown wouldnt' there be no electricity going into the pwr window motor, thus no click sound at all (like the motor is trying to turn) ??

ahahahaaa had the same problem...... kinda fixed it

what i did was take the door trim off..... then where the buttons are for the doors/windows disconnect that.

trace it back to this little black box about 2x3x6 long. unlug it and take it off the door ( two screws ) then open it up. Mine ended up cracking, but cause its hard to take it off without breaking.

inside you will see a cicruit board with two coils. Clean the contats by sanding it down a bit to clean it.

* mine i had to move the resistors and capasitors abit, cause it worked when it was at a certain angle * so just move the components just a bit to see if you have any dry joints.

its working now, but for how long i dont know. tempory fix.

if anyone knows where to get it from new and how much, please let us know.

ohh yeah

its embarrasing going though maccas, car parks and toll boths.

went threw the m5, opened the door and threw 5 coins at once and they all went in and the toll booth guy said " great shot, thats was a five shooter"

• 3 months later...

Latest news: I haven't got around to fix it yet, but this morning it was very cold and i tried to play around with the up/down switch. it suddenly made a rattling sound (like a gear tooth missed or something) on the up direction. then i push towards down and the windows wind down!!! then i wind it up again, then it stuck again in up position :cheers:

until now....

from the rattle sound i heard before, looks like not electrical but more like something in the mechanism has dislodged or loose?

Latest news: I haven't got around to fix it yet, but this morning it was very cold and i tried to play around with the up/down switch. it suddenly made a rattling sound (like a gear tooth missed or something) on the up direction. then i push towards down and the windows wind down!!! then i wind it up again, then it stuck again in up position :cheers:

until now....

from the rattle sound i heard before, looks like not electrical but more like something in the mechanism has dislodged or loose?

yeah dude, it sounds like the regulator is broken. My one broke the second day i got the car (from UAS). It was pretty funny when it happened - i heard a really loud bang and i thought someone chucked a rock at my car, so i pulled over and looked around with a real pissed off look on my face hoping to see some smart ass kunt running. Then when i turned around to check the car, i saw the window was crooked. lol.

In the end it cost me ~$340 to fix it. WHAT A RIP OFF!

anyways, the whole part needs to be replaced. so be prepared to spend from $150 - $350 in total incl "labour" (pfft).

thanks for the info...

If it's the regulator or the mechanism, anyone know where can i get it replaced in melbourne? do i have to use special nissan parts or issit some generic parts that any power window repairer can use?

i still have my old motor that shat istelf. im sure theres like a generic motor out there that'll fit. i just couldnt be bothered running around to find out. might take it to nissan one day....one day..LOL i just bought a used gtr one off the forum and whacked it in. should cost you 100-150 and an hr on the weekend to fix. my window now works and i have an extra 10kw's :wassup:

• 1 month later...

finally got my motor fixed by an auto electrician, cost like $70

but it is advised that I start to look for a replacement motor,

as the fix is still a bit dodgy, like it will slow down when the motor

turns and hit the "bad spot", notchy operation...