SAU Community

Best dealers for skylines

Guest jake_1

Dealers generally sell complied cars so you wouldn't have to worry about that side of things. Downside is you'll pay a premium for a car here. Upside is you can see and drive the car before buying it. If you buy through a broker and import a car you'll be waiting a little while (in your case, not a bad thing), another downside is you're buying a car you haven't seen or driven and it can have parts damaged or stolen on the way over. The big upsides are you'll generally get it MUCH and there's a lot more choice. Send the broker looking for exactly the colour and options you want.

That said I imported my R34 through Jspec and it was exactly as per all photos I received and reports on the condition :geek: From when I paid for it to when it was registered on the road was around 3 months.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we guarantee compliance on every car we buy at auction, since we buy it and comply it ourselves.

Everything's done in house.

Come see our showroom and chat in person if you'd like, 4 York st., Richmond, VIC 3121.

cheers!

David @ Carizma

Hi guys i'm fairly new here but I have a couple of questions...

first a quick background I guess, I'm 20 years old, I'm 21 in 9 months and so i've started saving up for my first Japanese import - ive been in love with Nissans since I was 16, but I decided to do the honest law obiding thing and wait till I was off of my P's to buy my first Skyline, because I was after the turbo model. Now that it's coming closer Ive decided to do a bit of research and ask around...

Would it be better to look around import specific dealerships such as the ones mentioned further up in this thread or importing my own direct from japan (through a broker, of course)? and if you do import the car through one of the brokers that have been given glowing reviews in this thread, is there any kind of security in that? for example, if you import a car and it turns out to be a dud and un-compliable/registrable do you then have to live with a car that you cant drive? For the moment I'm considering keeping my current daily even after buying an import for a little while just as a runaround and maybe turn it into a bit of a project later on. It will be costly but worth it i think. But yeah if i could get a couple of answers to the above questions it will be much appreciated...as im a bit of a newb to the import industry :(

hrmz

yeah thats why its prolli better to get from private or imports

man

i can't decide whether r32 gts-t or r33 gts-t for "P" plater

r32 has nice interior

but

r33 looks good outside and lots of room inside

i want a r32.5 !

so hard to choose

tho r32 would be more legal but i the resell value of the r32 makes me rethink....

:(;):(:D:)

Huh? The r32 would be more legal? It's either legal or illegal. Don't take the risk because if you have an accident you're f**ked.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll admit to being a lil apprehensive about the whole process because...as youve said, you dont get to see it or drive it till you buy it...

Dave, can you tell me roughly how much id pay total cost to import a 34 GT-T? i've looked at your website and i do like the black 34...the one with 50 000kms on it...but i'd like to compare prices, see how much it would cost, that sort of thing...

and also, to chopobo (know it was a long time ago that post was made but whatever lol) it will depend what state youre in as to whether a 33 GTST is legal for a P Plater. Here in Vic they blow the older 125 kW p/ton law, if youve gotten your P's within the last year its even more illegal as that law does not apply to you (ive had my Ps for 2.5 years...almost free and clear! lol) thats why i hadnt bought one yet. Still got the N16 series 1 for the moment...plan to keep em both for a while, finances permitting. always good to have a backup...just in case. :ph34r: plus shes too fun to let go of just yet. Llama, would you have any tips on decent mods for the pulsar? you may PM me if you'd prefer :blush:

Probably best to use our online quote form, since costs can vary.

I did a sample of us buying car at auction for Y1,100,000 FOB (includes buyer's fee already of course), here's the breakdown:

FOB Cost = $10,717.07

Carizma Fee = $1100

Shipping, Port, Customs, and Quarantine Fees = $2000

Import Duties and GST = $2,450.58

Compliance Fee = $2200

State Fees = $1800

Total car price is: $20,267.65

That includes 1 year rego, RWC, and 3 year warranty, basically drive-away cost.

Basically, it's just a risk vs $$$ tradeoff when importing yourself. We try to minimize the risk by guaranteeing compliance (on cars we buy at auction) and offering warranties on all our cars (3 years, $600).

cheers,

david @ Carizma

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll admit to being a lil apprehensive about the whole process because...as youve said, you dont get to see it or drive it till you buy it...

Dave, can you tell me roughly how much id pay total cost to import a 34 GT-T? i've looked at your website and i do like the black 34...the one with 50 000kms on it...but i'd like to compare prices, see how much it would cost, that sort of thing...

and also, to chopobo (know it was a long time ago that post was made but whatever lol) it will depend what state youre in as to whether a 33 GTST is legal for a P Plater. Here in Vic they blow the older 125 kW p/ton law, if youve gotten your P's within the last year its even more illegal as that law does not apply to you (ive had my Ps for 2.5 years...almost free and clear! lol) thats why i hadnt bought one yet. Still got the N16 series 1 for the moment...plan to keep em both for a while, finances permitting. always good to have a backup...just in case. :laugh: plus shes too fun to let go of just yet. Llama, would you have any tips on decent mods for the pulsar? you may PM me if you'd prefer :laugh:

Llama, would you have any tips on decent mods for the pulsar? you may PM me if you'd prefer :D

Yes, drop an SR20DET in it :)

I had my R34 GT-T landed, on the road and registered for under $16K.

Can you explain what exactly the state charges that are incurred are made up of? just curious.

He'd be referring to rego and stamp duty. That's roughly what mine worked out to.

Edited by llama_au

Correct, plus it includes the cost of a RWC and 3 year warranty.

$16,000 for a GT-T? For a sedan it's definitely possible, but not a coupe.

He'd be referring to rego and stamp duty. That's roughly what mine worked out to.

From what ive heard mondo are one of the dodgiest dealers around, but thats just from word of mouth.

Buy one privately if you dont want to import. Or get one from a dealer that has a good rep.

- ex

I'll be selling mine soon if your keen for a series 2.

HOLY SHIT! EX-STATIC! When did you come back? I've missed so many things.

I'm not meaning to argue - but I disagree, I've seen coupes come up that would have worked out roughly that price on the road (some cheaper.) I wanted a four door, and it was a fantastic price for the condition of the car.

You offer a warranty, so I'd imagine with your mark-up and warranty it'd work out a little bit higher then going through an import broker. And that's not a bad thing, it's really up to the person what works out best for them. Not everyone is comfortable buying something they can't see and touch first.

Edited by llama_au

We do both, sell cars out of our showroom and do the import broker service. It's basically just a tradeoff of risk vs. $$$$.

Our import service is for a flat fee of $1,100, the markup is just for the cars we buy ourselves and put in the showroom. We do compliance for tons of import agents anyways, some of them even on SAU, or at least dealers you've heard about. The most problems I've seen is people buying cars off tradecarview and getting a piece of XXXX from a Japanese dealer.

Oh yeah, and people buying cars that you can't import from Japan. I don't really blame people for this one, because the system (SEVS) definitely lacks logic at times, but that's a whole nother topic.

I'm not meaning to argue - but I disagree, I've seen coupes come up that would have worked out roughly that price on the road (some cheaper.) I wanted a four door, and it was a fantastic price for the condition of the car.

You offer a warranty, so I'd imagine with your mark-up and warranty it'd work out a little bit higher then going through an import broker. And that's not a bad thing, it's really up to the person what works out best for them. Not everyone is comfortable buying something they can't see and touch first.

Completely understand. I haven't used your service but I've heard only positives. It's encouraging to see dealers/brokers willing to put the time in to explain the process to people because it's not straight-forward at all and the information isn't readily available.

i have been going to alot with my cousin lately sei motors is shit sorry to say their skylines are poor quality and are not cheap ! the best place i have seen is on Plunket Rd in Dandy i cant remember the name its power something cant really remember i brought my first skyline there r32 was imac! and i went there recently r34 GT-T $18,000 up all his cars are show room cond he gets the best of the best paint jobs engine wise are mint and awsome prices to

For my 2 cents:

There are a truck load of optionsout there for getting a car, I personally have had sooo many different imports over the years that i have lost count. But i will say goint through an agent is the only way unless you already have the contacts in Japan yourself, (whic i mihgt add takes years to establish the right relationships with people)

I personally myself bring my own cars in, but im will tell you out os all the Dealers / Agents on this Forum, and i have had dealing wiht most of them, CARIZMA are the one to go for.

There agaent in Japan is a collegue of mine and he is one of the best Vehicle inspectors i have come across in my 10 + years of dealing with Japanese Agents.

For the $1100 that they make, it is a small fee to pay for peice of mind...

• 2 weeks later...

My experience from where my dad and I got our cars.

Power Rd Car Sales:

Car purchased: 1999 R34 GT

- Sells average condition cars

- Very decent price

- Didn't have any major problems with the car

- Some of there cars do look accident repaired

- Shane can be lazy sometimes but will generally be helpful

Kamikaze Motors:

Car purchased: 1993 R33 GTS

- Sells good condition cars

- They charge a bit too much (payed $13,350 for mine :| )

- Happily replaced the afm

- Didn't however fix the paint on places where i asked them to as it would meant a full respray on the part

- Probably wouldn't buy from them again because of the price

- Shui is very helpful

- Only thing is that i have heard they will not be importing to many skylines any more and looking into the more upmarket and expensive imports.

SSV (mother is going to be purchasing a S15 from there n a few weeks)

- Good service

- Most cars are in great condition

- Good price

SEI Motors in Dandenong has a crap load of R33 skylines and Soarers.

Never been there myself...wonder what they are like? Prolly dodgy, as are most things in dandy.

Down past Oakleigh along warrigal rd, the dealer at like the end of the series of dealers along there has a few... $23k though or so. Varying quality.

SEI motors is wher i got my r34 from but god that Bill guy is dodgy as hell if anyone buys a car from there i reccoment watching out to what he says because he tried to scam me a few times even tried to make me switch my brand new transmission to a second hand one... the only good thing about SEI is their mechanic across the road Bruno

in loking for my r32 gtst, i have been to heaps of import places dodgy and premium ones but noone stood out like japcars in fawkner did and ended up buying from there.

i swear all their cars are clean as and are very resonable on price with the space to bargain. most of their cars also come with genuine jap exhaust and pod as i got a kakimoto exhaust and apexi pod with it.

if ever buying a 32,33,34 consider japcars. so helpful and cars are awesome!!

sei in dandenong i have been to a few times. he gets a few good cars but he does seem dodgey as hell and full on forced me to leave a deposit and buy a car at one stage. hated the experience.

• 2 weeks later...
SEI motors is wher i got my r34 from but god that Bill guy is dodgy as hell if anyone buys a car from there i reccoment watching out to what he says because he tried to scam me a few times even tried to make me switch my brand new transmission to a second hand one... the only good thing about SEI is their mechanic across the road Bruno

100% agree with shitty SEI motors.

SSV imports are the best from what i've seen, they have high quality cars and the prices mind you are a bit steep but you get what you pay for I guess and piece of mind is worth the pricetag :-)