SAU Community

Watz the deal with Today Tonight?????

rs73

What's that thing abt beating speed cameras???? I missed tonight show coz had to stay a bit late at work n da bloody traffic takes me 45 mins to get home &@#$%@!!!!! It should normally took me no more than 25 mins home......

it looks fairly expensive for something that's not even a proper radar detector... it relies on a database of known speed camera location (that is, if someone bother maintaining & updating the database continuously) and using GPS let you know if you are approaching any known location....

It wont know if any cops decided to park their car at a side road and start using their radar.... unless they are always at the same spot 24/7 and someone put information abt that place in the database...

Not only u need to turn it off, you had to plug it off and hide it quickly as well, and dun let your ciggy lighter left open coz that will raise suspicion... any how after u've done all that, if they suspect you they can always search the car and find it, then you'll have to pay the hefty fine.

Speaking of ciggy lighter, my one is missing, which is not good actually. Not that I smoke, but I just dun feel like leaving my car ciggy lighter plug with nothing in it. Looks dodgy like having a radar detector somewhere in the car. I can't seem to find any replacement in K-Mart Auto/Repco... Guess have to go to nissan dealer n order one from them?

You can certainly buy a novelty Nismo cig lighter or something, but I couldn't justify buying one of those. Very ricey.

Does a radar detector have to be mounted on your dash (line of sight?). I read in another thread someone's detector not only picked up radar traps but police cars too! How can it do that line of sight of the police car isn't emitting anything? (except radio waves - which isn't line of sight)

Originally posted by rs73

Not only u need to turn it off, you had to plug it off and hide it quickly as well, and dun let your ciggy lighter left open coz that will raise suspicion... any how after u've done all that, if they suspect you they can always search the car and find it, then you'll have to pay the hefty fine.

Speaking of ciggy lighter, my one is missing, which is not good actually. Not that I smoke, but I just dun feel like leaving my car ciggy lighter plug with nothing in it. Looks dodgy like having a radar detector somewhere in the car. I can't seem to find any replacement in K-Mart Auto/Repco... Guess have to go to nissan dealer n order one from them?

go buy those little torches that recharge when plugged into the lighter hole.... they ALWAYS come in handy!

i dont smoke either so thats what i got for it... dont remember where i put it tho... got such a bad memory.

funny thing is i lost my phone again... im too scared to look under the seat again to give myself a little more credit as to loosing it there again :) its been missing for like a week now :cool:

I just checked out that site and had a quick glance at the nismo stuff. Is it just me or is nismo stuffy totally over priced???? i mean heres a prime example: a "nismo" cap the same as any other cap around however with the word nismo on it can sell for $89.00????? how can this be. ]

And I thought airport food was expensive