SAU Community

Had a Dyno Run today

Guest MRE

NF,

Yeah the thread I posted didn't really say anything definite, and a lot of crap was posted, but I just thought I'd post it to show dynos read a little differently around the world.

I also reckon the real power figures are in the quarter times. As long as the driving is consistent.

Cheers,

Michael

DYNO's ARE FOR TUNING!

There is no real point in comparing different dyno readings between cars on different dynos. Unless you are a bit bored.

If you are tuning your car , going back to the SAME dyno makes alot of sense.

The 1/4 mile is a sport and not a very strict indicator of power, there are even more variables than comparing dyno results. ie: if you don't get the right equipment to play the sport you may not do too well. Like playing golf with a hockey stick.

I guess asking for peoples dyno results with a similar car setup will give you a range, which if your car fits between can give you some peice of mind that nothing is terribly wrong.

What does doing a dyno run in a lower gear do to your figures? I assume the torque will read higher because there is more of a mechanical advantage, and the power will read lower because the engine is physically doing less work to get the extra torque.

Does anyone know roughly how much I should adjust the figures if the dyno run was done in 3rd instead of 4th? Assuming factory R33 GTS-t gearbox ratios (I don't know what the ratios are).

Originally posted by Duncan

I've just run today and I'm having trouble beleiving the results.

164rwkw from a R33 with 11psi, no other mods.

Seems way too high to me.  Perhaps its just blue cars make extra power.

Yeah right - blue cars !! he he

I reckon the extra Kilowatts came from the energy permiating from the two good lookin blokes in the back seat at the time of the run....:D:)

Seriously, with your sticky tyres and the extra weight in the back, I reckon there was less slip against the Dyno hence the better results. :cool::) (that sound like BS to me actually.)

Duncan , last time I ran there - I got 150rwrw with std boost and a cat back zorst - so a few extra PSI could make the 13rwkw diff, maybe ???

Originally posted by Duncan

I've just run today and I'm having trouble beleiving the results.

164rwkw from a R33 with 11psi, no other mods.

Seems way too high to me.  Perhaps its just blue cars make extra power.

It depends on how the dyno is callibrated and what gear the run was done in. What was your torque out of interest?

Hi Jim,

Done in 4th gear. Unfortunately, the graph only has Air/fuel and power on it. I'm sure they logged torque as well, but I don't have the figures.

I think Broken got the figures for all cars, he might be able to post them. While good traction would have helped (definately no wheelspin there!), I suspect its a friendly dyno....

I dyno'd my car yesterday also (with Broken and 25 other Skylines)

Specs:

'95 GTS-T

Cat Back 3" Exhaust

HKS Air Filter

FMIC

2 Stage boost controller

First time i've ever had it done (only had the car 9wks)

7psi = 169 rwkw

12psi = 192 rwkw

Not bad for a first run , I was extremely impressed.

All i need now is a CAI, Side windors Tinted, oil change and my driver side window fixed and i think i'll just throw fuel in her for the next 3-4mths while enjoying the ride.