SAU Community

Selling the skyline, where have YOU had good results?

Steve

Hi guys,

well it is time to get rid of the skyline, and concentrate on my other car.

those of you who have sold your 'line, which advertising medium got the trick done for you?

any hints for a speedy and as close to possible hassel free sale?

cheers

Steve

Thanks for the replies,

I am selling because I have bought a SIL80 and cant afford to keep both. I am after around 22k, and will be loosing a fair bit on it, as is usual when selling a car, especially when you buy a stocky and start modding :P

sunday times sux big time, not one phone call, autotrader all the way, it came out on a friday and mine was sold on the saturday, so no compaints there, its a little pricey but worth it if u want it sold.... and i think as long as you price it right it should go :(;)

i found the sunday times was good, and the quokka and autotrader were ok.I think every situation is different.

Be prepared for many time wasters on the forums, the majority of them already own cars and want to ask you 100 questions even though they have no intention to purchase...or want to say "if only you were selling this in a couple of months.." or "if only you lived in Vic/NSW/AnywherebutPerth

i found the autotrader jerked me around when it came to selling 300ZX ..... they double charged me for the ad then refused to refund me :rant: wouldnt use them if last person on earth.

Carpoint i found was one of the best for stirring up interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Avram - car is now off the market so I can come and take you for a spin some time if you like :)

I had no luck what so ever with the Sunday Times or Autotrader. Lots of dipshits calling but that was about it. In the end I've decided to keep it and buy a second car as a run about.

GTRs are magnets for WuckFits!

Yeah basically to cut a long story short, it fell through. Car was never "on the way" as such, a little bit of money was put down just to reserve a spot. Contract was subject to me selling my car as well as finance etc. Salary packaging bunch sorted it all out for me :rofl:

Instead I've decided to keep it, and buy another car.