SAU Community

Installing N1 Turbos

Ants

Ok guys, I just had an interesting weekend. I have finally pulled out the stock turbochargers out of my R32 GTR with my brother and I just have some queries that I hope you guys could help me with as I’m putting on some new N1 turbochargers and CES dump pipes (they look great btw).

Just a brief history of my car it has a chiptorque ecu, apexi air filters, stock inject. Direct clutch (single plate), HKS cam gears, and 3inch exhaust up to front pipes, and currently makes 230rkw on 13psi.

Ok for my questions, once I have put the N1 turbos and dump pipes on the car do I have to get the car re-tuned or will it be safe to drive?

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on some turbo gaskets for the N1 i.e. oil return gasket, exhaust gaskets etc…

Also should I change the exhaust manifold gasket as the one I have on appears to be in good nick?

I also have some 550cc injectors and twin RB20 80mm a/f meters, should I install them as well?

If so what HP/kw should I get roughly at the rear wheels after this has been installed and tuned?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance for your time and patience.

Cheer AS.

mate i have seen jim from croydons make 35o kw at the wheels with n1 turbos'. i was beside the car when it pulled this figure. once you have done the turbos take it back to get the cams dialed in and get the computer retuned. i don't think those 550 are going to last you very long if you keep modding the GTR.

N1(ball bearing) are a top turbo and as long as you got the system upgrade around them you should make 300rwkw with out to much trouble just be care with the injector normal 700cc are the go but 550cc will still make good power

best of luck

ps how are you enjoying the turbo change on the 32 (pain in the arse) hehe

']post some pictures of the differences between the standard one and the n1 turbo if you can. hope all goes smoothly!

AAAhh, and my bro started to get shitty because I wanted to take pics of the turbos side by side (well wasnt really the fact that I was taking the pic, just that I wanted ti align them properly so you can actually compare them). Here they are the pics.

Pic 1 Clockwise from bottom s13 SR20 t25G nismo N1 standard R32 GTR t28

Pic 2 Clockwise from bottom s13 SR20 t25G nismo N1 standard R32 GTR t28

Pic 3 Left nismo N1 right OEM R32 T28

Pic 4 L s13 SR20 t25G middle nismo N1 right OEM R32 T28

Enjoy

AAAhh, and my bro started to get shitty because I wanted to take pics of the turbos side by side (well wasnt really the fact that I was taking the pic, just that I wanted ti align them properly so you can actually compare them). Here they are the pics.

Enjoy

hehehe thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by 180bfj20det

Enjoy

Yeah I was pretty bitchy, but I appreciate it now that's 4 sure. These pics really make it difficult to spot the difference but hopefully the gains from such turbs will show the true differences soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I finally put the nismo turbos & dump pipes on the car and the car drives as if it were stock. However, the car now has a much more rumblier noise to it (very sexy) and can here the turbos spool up. Before the tune I will be putting on larger injectors (most likely 700cc) and replace my A/F metres with RB20 one.

My brother also installed my E-boost for me but is not correctly working yet.

Once the tune is completed I will post before and after pics of the dyno graph for everyone to see.

By the way does anyone know if I should replace my standard fuel pump with an intank pump i.e. apexi, nismo etc.. or with an external pump such as a Bosch 044???

Cheers AS.

you sure you didnt mix the turbos up and put the stockers back on? :alcoholic wouldnt that be a bitch

Nope, the nismos are installed!!

What he didnt mention that its only running 7.5psi. It you rode in it you wouldnt think so because it is pretty fast (it doesnt drive like stock as he mentioned...he's just to use to his old power output at 13 psi: 233rwkW). The nismo turbos have made a big difference because I remember the car running about 8psi with the standard turbos and the difference is quite noticible. Its probably making 190-200 rwkW at his current boost level which means at 17psi it will go really nice.

BTW his old turbos are going on my car... yes a twin turbo FJ20!

Cheers