SAU Community

RB20 More Power

Waldo

hey how can i get more power from me RB20, it currently has a High Flowed turbo (laggy as all hell), 3 inch exhaust turbo back, HKS front mount, a japan tuned rom, and 1 bar boost, it has a stocko fuel system and stock internals.. i need a good recipe to make 250 - 280rwkw....will the high flowed unit do this, and wat should i get done to make this power? :flamed:

hey how can i get more power from me RB20, :

This question has been done to death, you can find a hell of a lot on RB20's by using the search function.

But since it is dear to me I will say that you probably need to backcut the turbine wheel, replace the CAT with a GTR's, modify head, Adj Cam gears, = AIR OUT

Replace the Injectors with 550's, New 040 Bosch in tank Fuel pump, Rising rate FPR, = FUEL IN

Modify the Airbox for more cool air in, replace the filter - DONT FIT A POD, see BAS JUNKY's Group buy on mod TurboDuct, modified Intake -reduced length piping, modify Head, Adj. cam gears = AIR IN.

NewECU or recalibrate orig ECU = CONTROL

FUEL IN + AIR IN

--------------------- = AIR OUT = POWER!!!

CONTROL

Or something like that.....

my car came with a steel pod...yesterday i made a sheild that stops the heat from being sucked in. and i have a nice pipe coming up from the stock intercooler pipe spot that just pumps cool air onto the pod...but the pod is fully sectioned off from the engine now

you'd need to know more on the turbo itself...

sounds like it could possibly be an rb25 unit highflowed to probably suit a 2.5L rather than a 2L .. hence the lag.. not enough capacity flowing from the 2L to spool it up quick enough.

nah its really laggy, my mate that owned the car b4 me got it done he just took it to some place at slack creek (i think AGC Performance or sumthing) he got a steel wheel put in it and the center section isnt an rb20 one. He never got ball bearings put in it cos it was costing him to much, so she doesnt hit full boost till 5000rpm, im goin to get ball bearings put in it though to help this lag. i think its just one of those standard high flowed jobs that most people get done