SAU Community

leaky injector

GM_GTR

thanks for the reply mjfawke, Is there anything I need to know before removing them? I don't want to damage it any further....can I just take the fuel rail off, then twist the injector anticlockwise or is there a special way to take them off?

I've used Geoff and he's pretty good, mobile too. If it's the body leaking just get a 2nd hand one and have it tested, if it's the o ring he'll prob have them. For what he'll charge you to r and r them let him do it - straight forward but fiddly job.

thanks guys, I got it checked today... there seems to be fuel coming from the side of it..I don't know if that's fixable but the guy advised me to get it tested first...he thinks I may have to replace the injector, I'll pull it out soon and give it to them...will know more soon.

I had a leaky injector 3 days after I first got my baby. I took it to DynoTune and they had it for 4 days, it turned out to be a bodgy o-ring and Nissan sent them a set of new ones......except...... they sent one wrong one out of the six, but they didn't work this out til I'd gone out and got another set of injectors......

So if you need a stock r32 rb26 injector just pm me.

I had a leaky injector 3 days after I first got my baby.  I took it to DynoTune and they had it for 4 days, it turned out to be a bodgy o-ring and Nissan sent them a set of new ones......except...... they sent one wrong one out of the six, but they didn't work this out til I'd gone out and got another set of injectors......

So if you need a stock r32 rb26 injector just pm me.

pm sent

Or you can try Capital Injector Cleaning on 0418 241 153(Geoff-a "slightly animated" fella that knows his stuff...)

its all cool... there's a place in tuggers that quoted me $35 each to recondition and flow test etc...hopefully there fixable otherwise I'll have to replace

thanks for the reply mjfawke,  Is there anything I need to know before removing them? I don't want to damage it any further....can I just take the fuel rail off, then twist the injector anticlockwise or is there a special way to take them off?

Nah - twist and pull, the O-ring will stay on the end of the injector. The manifold seals will probably stay with the manifold, so be careful getting them out (scribe/small screwdriver etc) - you don't want a leak.

ok... so today I decided to pull the injectors out and i think i've found the problem, on the front of the injector there's a green plastic bit that looks sort of like a nozle... along the side of that is this crack probably a bit smaller than 1cm... it doesn't reach the main body of the injector though, other than that the rest of the injector looks pretty good and the O-rings look ok....now im just wondering if that plastic bit is replaceable or not... gotta wait till monday i guess :D

Not sure about RB injectors specifically, but usually the plastic cap on the end is just to protect the injector pintle (the bit that opens to spray fuel). On earlier Nissan hose tail injectors these are a replaceable item.

pm sent

Hey there GM,

Sorry I have got back to you earlier but I had a very busy weekend and haven't had a chance to check the forums. I've PM'ed you with my mobile number, just give me a buzz when you get it. How many injectors were you after?

Cheers,

Brad

can anyone suggest someone to test my injector system as I dont think they are firing and I dont have a tester (light).

Plus anyone wont to finish getting my turbos off? what a shit of a job! they are down to the oil lines and there is like 4 on each turbo. they are all thats holding them in.

can anyone suggest someone to test my injector system as I dont think they are firing and I dont have a tester (light).  

Plus anyone wont to finish getting my turbos off? what a shit of a job! they are down to the oil lines and there is like 4 on  each turbo. they are all thats holding them in.

1. Try Geoff at Capital Injector Cleaning - see Jayce's post here for the number. He's been pretty good so far.

2. Sorry no. Prob would've if you'd have sold me that gear knob. LOL J/K.

finally got the injectors checked...and there pretty much screwed..well 2 of them anyway, it's all sorted now, thanks oz32 for the injectors, there working good by the way..no problems :mad:

Hey stirlo, I got the injectors checked at tugg car care... I don't know if there any good as they just quickly checked them and said they couldn't be fixed.

not too sure about the turbos but isn't there two bolts holding each line in that you just need to undo? I can give ya a hand..don't know how much help I'll be though :confused:

finally got the injectors checked...and there pretty much screwed..well 2 of them anyway' date=' it's all sorted now, thanks oz32 for the injectors, there working good by the way..no problems :(

No probs GM :) Glad to have been able to help!! and great to hear that you're back on the road!

Cheers,

Brad