SAU Community

Tokyo, Japan houses!

SkylineBnr34

Ok, I've never bought a house in Japan before (and I don't intend to) but seeing as you asked, heres what I came up with:

4LDK 2 story house (thats 4 bedrooms, living, dining, kitchen) for US$373,364.

I got it from here Century 21, and I strongly suggest that you call them (they have english speaking staff) and talk more about it because I honestly have no idea.

I'm from Australia and buying big houses as investment properties is part of our culture, so buying a house in Japan (small, way too expensive for what you get, rapid depreciation etc) is not very wise for the foreigner... unless you're going to immigrate here?

houses are expensinve here... we were comparing my house at home and my girlfriends house here in Saitama/Tokyo and they are worth about the same... (800,000AUD) the only problem is the land is about 1/6 the size and the house is about 1/3 the size. Kiss a backyard, central heating walk in wardrobes etc good bye.

Thank you Rezz and yes I plan on immigrated there. That is a hella of lot cheaper than it is here(California, Usa) Depending on where the house is I meant rent, if I find a good deal if not just buy. Which I rather do, but it all depends. I will have to look on century 21 then I will probally call them. Thanks guys

Try this site, it's only available in Japanese, but you should be able to guess your way through the site by way of links. This link is for the full 23 wards of Tokyo Met. I live about 15 mins from Tokyo, the prices here range from about 400K to about 1.2M USD. Our place is 4 BR, study, on 250 m3 land with carport and was 600K if thats any indication of costs. I would not recommend buying unless you are planning on staying at least 10 years, any less and its a waste of money. Either way, you will lose money, but if you are here for 10 years at least you would get back what the house owed you (kind of)

http://www.jj-navi.com/shuto/FJ021S90030.d...98&SCF=1&CNT=50

Good Luck.

LegnumVR4

lol @ carport/garage... why can't we just have one name for it? I was taught British English but teach 'American style' English, native English speakers not knowing what the other is saying drives me nuts.

Garage versus carport

'The obvious difference between a carport and a garage is that a garage can be completely closed in while a carport has a roof and pole supports.'

Taken from this 'Australian' website... http://www.homesite.com.au/renovate/garage...s_groundwork_1/

:cheers:

VR4

lol somebodies bored! :D