SAU Community

Rural Liners Meet 27, 28 and 29th May 2005

oscar32

Tell EVERYONE you know. SAU is holding on overnight cruise in Laurel Hill, South Eastern NSW..

I have booked SAU in for the 27th, 28th and 29th of May.

There are two payment options, and as soon as I have the written Quote prices will be placed up here.

Option 1

Friday night dinner, Accomadation for Friday night, Saturday brakfast then on to option 2.

Option 2 (for the travelers) Arrive Satuday, covered for lunch, dinner, saturday night accomadation and a hot breakky on Sunday

The Venue...

They have BEDS for 90 people, and the accomadation is around $47.30 per day per person. This is with breaky, lunch (which we can take away also) and a hot dinner. $3 extra for a hot breaky Also full use of the facilities. They have TONS of parking of course, and have catered for groups of up to 370.

Kids are only $33 a head, and the younger the cheaper which is great if anyone brings rugrats.

What do I need to bring?

All your own bedding (sleeping bag, linen, blanket, pillow and towel). Linen hire is available with prior notice. $11 per head, but you need to book it.

Fold up chair if you are sitting outside.

Cold drink machine, gold phone, washing machine and drier all located on site require $1.00 and 50c coins

Provisions may be obtained from either Batlow or Tumbarumba (limited provisions).

Pets are not welcome

WARM clothes, can be very cold at night, but in exchange no one should overheat

Where is it?

Distances from:

Wagga Wagga 120 kms

Albury-Wodonga 162 kms

Canberra 257 kms

Melbourne 468 kms

Sydney 495 kms

Adelaide 1040 kms

See http://www.laurelhillforestlodge.com.au for more.

C'mon NSW, VIC and ACT, don't let your club down!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Several of us got together to plan this. Many of us made a few gestures. Some of us are actually acheiving. But do we all know what's going on ATM.

I'll speak with Jayce over the weekend and T-up some more communication. Danny - you alive mate ?

So far the majority of interest is from the ACT crew. Its a great idea but without more numbers and more interest from other states I can hang out with the ACT crew here in the ACT!!! :wassup:

I'll keep watching this space though, hopefully it turns out alright!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Took a little trip  went to nismo hoping the get my fuel tank hoses and unfortunately they told me they didn’t have stock luckily I was able to go to a Nissan parts store and they were able to order them in for me  then can home and cleaned the tank with some degreaser and fitted the new hoses before putting it back in the car 
    • 100% I’ll hack into the 33. Strap a turbo onto the RB25DE and/or put the 25 head on a 30 block. 33 passed in cos the reserve was too high. I’ll try lowballing it again and negotiate. Aim is to have it landed and on the road for under 15k, then spend the same amount on top in mods.
    • It's generally best practise to run 1x run without VCT enabled, then 1x run enabled till redline. Overlay the two torque graphs and you'll find the desired RPM to turn off VCT. Sometimes, it might be even worthwhile turning off VCT earlier control torque/cylinder pressure and using VCT purely to spool the turbo.
    • They sell them in Malaysia for about $4
    • First time I ever have issues with Amazon, but my wife often tells me to keep an eye out for fakes. It finally got me. I wrapped up the conversation with Gates. The gentlemen I was talking to seemed to hate his job but the response time on their technical support is outstanding. He stated that the hose is marked with some variation of "SAE J30R10" but that if you only purchase a 1 foot length like I did, it is possible to get a cut between markings and have a blank hose. To no ones surprise, he stated the swelling and "gummyness" isn't normal and to replace/buy from somewhere else (He mentioned NAPA). I'll toss a small end of the new one in gas for a few days before pulling the hanger out again, just to be safe.  Hose should arrive Monday. For those running multiple pump in tank hangers, you know the joys of getting them out and back in. I'm surprised I haven't destroyed my level float yet.  Lastly once I wrap all of this up, I'm planning on hitting the dyno again in 2 weeks while I'm on vacation. I realized recently that my VCT is set to turn off at 5000RPM. I'm surprised it wasn't increased while I was on the dyno last. I'm expecting I can increase it to ~6500RPM, if not more. Should hopefully get another 15-20kw out of it. I also want him to revisit my knock thresholds. I'm occasionally getting false knock around 3000rpm.