SAU Community

Driving a Skyline Help

Hi i am only 18 at the minute and when i trun 21 i want to import a R34 GTT 4-Door manual of course. At the minute im waying up wether to wait until about 25 for insurance matters. A big thing in my decision willl be having a drive of one as i have never driven a skyline. GTT 4 doors as they are pretty rare i was wondering which skyline model which is similar to drive and is just asking for a test drive at car yards the best thing to do. thanks for your help in advance

You might want to check the import laws first.

they are on prestige motorsport?

thats the thing if i dont like driving a skyline i would prefer to spend on a less powerful and my luxery car as i have the money at the minute for the GTT and also i have option of buying a BA XR6 n/a for a bit cheaper with luxery package and most options

asking for a test drive at car yards

Not giving you sh1t, but you will prolly have a hard time getting a car yard to give an 18 year old the time of the day, let alone a test drive of a ~$50,000 sports car just because you want to find out how they drive. Trust me I've been there.

May not be a problem if you have some financial backing, (parents)

Insurance; don't worry about that, you will not get it (in your name anyway), at least not for any reasonable price. If it was me I would not insure you for much less than ~$30,000 a year for a $50,000 car. Again, not having a go, just thinking of stastics.

If your really keen, keep the dream alive and it will be yours, you'll prolly be a bit older than 21 before you get it though.

as for the insurance matter, untill your 25 i'd only go with 3rd party, fire & theft. I have a mate who smashed up the front end of his fancy new 200sx. even after spending over $3000/year on insurance he's still not going to make a claim cause it'll end up costing him a bucket load in return.

anyway just a thought.

as for the insurance matter, untill your 25 i'd only go with 3rd party, fire & theft. I have a mate who smashed up the front end of his fancy new 200sx. even after spending over $3000/year on insurance he's still not going to make a claim cause it'll end up costing him a bucket load in return.  

anyway just a thought.

True, insurance premiums are ridiculously high, but it's even more ridiculous to suggest only getting 3rd party, fire and theft for a approx $30k car. Don't know about you, but I'm sure most people can't afford to loose a $30k asset should they have the misfortune of writing their car off...

If u can afford the car you should afford the insurance...

This happened to me. I know there is a big difference in cars but still, mine was only 200 cheaper than a gtst.

I figured id be fcked if something happen that was out of my control. Like a dog or something on the road and i crash...

Or it got STOLEN.