SAU Community

Guages ?

Gary2

Come up with another idea for gauge placement...

I have also filled both dins with stereo/DVD head units, so was thinking bout alternatives... my clock doesnt work, so was thinking rather than fixing it (got a clock on the stereo of course) I might find a colour-matched dash-top moulded gauge holder to utilise the dip in the dash where the clock is...

So thinking maybe finding a dash-top gauge holder like from an FTO or something and shaving the bottom of it to match the lines of the clock indent... will see how I go and post pics :)

Anyone suggest any other cars that have stuck-on moulded gauge clusters I could try??

:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - will check an Exa out - gonna find one i can pop the stock gauges out of and fit oil temp and boost ones

If it dont fit then ill prob do like SK and use the ashtray... u got pics of your gauge set-up in the ashtray SK ??

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good there, out of interest does the pod interfere with your vision at all? ie. from the drivers seat it doesnt extend out beyond the widths of the a pillar?

Also what size guage does it take as well?

No it doesnt interfere at all. Only thing is the C2 gauge is an illuminated one and it's fairly bright. Nothing a switch wouldn't fix. Doesnt worry me too much. It's a 2-1/16" gauge if I remember correctly.

2 x 2 1/16 gauges fit snugly in the ashtray hole, angled up and towards me :D They actually jam in there tightly and hold without any mounting at all, but for aesthetics I am getting a dash colour-matched plastic facia surround made up this week to close it in nicely. Heres a pic:

16143TonkaGauges.jpg

Yeah - good thing i dont smoke :cheers: Although you could always just use the rear-seat centre console ash-tray to butt out the ciggies - its actually less of a reach than the dash anyways!

And yeah - seeings my clock doesnt work and theres one on the stereo anyways - racking my brain about what to slip in there... an EBC would fit nicely too... hmmm

Stuff the smokers, that's a great idea you've got there Brazen :)

J

Please don't stuff the smokers anyone - we are persecuted enough as it is...

"For every smoker you oppress, God makes an ill-fitting gauge holder - oh, and then kicks you in the nuts" :kick:

• 3 months later...

I am a bit confused, need help, has anyone used the modyourcar single A pillar pod;

pp1.jpg

Does it end up looking like bukey22's?

(the small pictures on the previous page)

If anyone has (or maybe burkey22), would a 60mm gauge fit? I know it will overhang the outside of the POD face, but will it fit inside?

:)

Here is my boost guage from Autobarn. Its 2" or just over. I origanaly had the boost guage and turbo timer under the cd player but I found it too distracting to look at while driving, and am very happy with the placments now.

Also I had to but a blue sleeve over the buld in the guage so it glows white not yellow/white, also from Autobarn.

This is a picture of the Din guage holder i'm getting. It holds 3 x 2 1/16 guages

Andrew,

After our chit chat on Saturday, I found this thread on the guage holder - have E.T.

Performance indicated that it will definately fit the Stagea's?

Regards,

Marc

• 1 year later...

wow way to go dredge up an old thread :O:):D

glad to see a member who uses the search button

looks like single ones do but dont think the angle and the shape of a stagea pillar would make for a good fit and also the pillar is grey the pod you pictured there is black wouldnt look to good imho