SAU Community

200sx insurance

Guest Chillgoon

Guest Chillgoon

I'm sure guys have asled this question before but i will ask it anyway.

I am looking at getting a 200sx. thought insurance would be cheaper cause its not an import but so far teh quotes i have got are over 2k i thought that was ridiculous!!

ie just cars and young and cool.

Anyone here have or know anyone with a 200sx that has got cheaper insurance whilst actually listing their modifications

Guest Chillgoon

GT25 and daniel how old are you guys and who are you with?

I have noticed that there is not much difference at all between 200s and skylines. Might go for that r33 after all :cool:

i have insurance on a s15 200sx spec r gt - under my fathers name for $1600, through cgu, you can go through a broker who allows unlim mods :D middleditch, middletech i cant remember the name i'll look it out if your interested.

I'm 19 btw. rating 5

theres diff between an s15 200sx insurance and an s14, which one are you askin about?

And as far as I know all the big players in the insurance industry won't touch an import so they'll insure a local 200sx. The bonus here is on road service, national coverage, and they rate you differently (higher) than the toher insurance companies.

The best thing to do is get a 200sx, have it for a year, get your rating thru that company, get your certification, then sell, get a skyline and insure it with the same rating. You might lose on the sell tho, but you'll make up for it with the lower amount you pay for the skyline.

Then again it might not work in your favour, get quotes for everything, with lower and higher ratings, look at the NRMA 2nd hand car reccomended pricing, and then estimate how much your car will sell for in a year, then do the number cruchin n see if it works out.

I used to pay around $5000 pa for my 180sx so I sold it n got an N/A r32 hehe (also coz of a license suspension etc) I now pa $2300 full comprehensive for a $13,000 car and a $2000 stereo system, and in both cars, the policy was completely under my name.

Guest Blurple

I have a 97 S14a - my insurance with RACQ was $1600 ful comp when i was 19 - but then i decided to cut sik with mods and they didn't like it :)

So now i'm through Vigil (they're in Melb) and it's $2200 full comp, unlimited mods :uh-huh: (plus being female helps with insurance) :D:)

hope that helped

Blurple :)

GT25-S13,

! have a white R33 and don't live in Iluka, so no that's not me :D The reason I sold the 200sx is it was a little too small for me, I am 6 foot and it had a sunroof, very cramped!!

Very good cars though, look cool, better than the new S15 in my opinion.

I have attached a pic of my old baby

Daniel