SAU Community

help with my engine conversion

66 skyline gt

i was wondering if any one can help me out with some info.......

i actually own a 1966 prince skyline gt-b. it use to have a l28 with twin carbs till about 3 months ago when the top let go.

no i am almost finished completing a RB20DET engine conversion....... only catch..... i need to know anbot the pulse signal the speedo gives to the computer..... i wont to try and use the orginal speedo.... and fit a pulse generator like the ones the use for peed alerts.

The Question is: does the speedo give out a pulsing power feed to the computer or does the computer give the speedo a power feed and the speedo turnes that to a pulsing earth feed....... any help would be greatly appreciacted in this matter. Cheers...... :P

• 2 weeks later...
Try a guy on here by the name of prince....he has a C110 gt ex with an rb20 running carbs...yes...carbs.....if anyone knows for sure i'd bet he does

Good call Jason.

Pete, "Prince" is Ray. You met him at Beechworth. White '73 coupe with the rb20. If you have no luck here, You should be able to get through to him via the Prince register.

Don't forget to keep us classic tragics :) up to date with the progress.

Can you make it to Goulburn??:whatsthat

Cheers,

Jim.

i was wondering if any one can help me out with some info.......

i actually own a 1966 prince skyline gt-b. it use to have a l28 with twin carbs till about 3 months ago when the top let go.

But it sounded so nice with the L28 in it!

Yes, I've seen you around Adelaide - I own that red DR30 that was in front of you on North Terrace a few months back...

it did sound nice ben with the l28 in it... but when the head went bang..... and i couldnt find the head i wanted.... ( p79, p90 or a l20et head)... my mate decide i should upgrade.... and wot better up grade than a sleepy looking prince with an rb20det? if ya wont a look at it here's my web page..

www.cardomain.com/memberpage/547037

i look at it it will be quick and still keeping with the theme of a true skyline gt with a high performance 6cyl in it.

i look at it this way.... my car has been severely modified before i got it ( ie: big steel flares, l28, twin carbs large mags... and i mean from a 165-13 inch rims thats suppose to be on it to a 235-60 -15... wot more could i say.) i have improved it more with the new motor... volvo 4 spot calipers on the front bigh front mount intercooler hidden behind the grill . Painted from white to a nice purple and fixed the body.... now she will be a lil' weapon when she's back....

have to catch up sime time so you can have a look at it...

Pete...

Ps: maybe i be able to keep up efortlessly now with this conversion... if i can get the wheels to stick to the ground!

Guess what?

I've got a complete L20A head (requires recon) just lying around.

I've also got a welded, but otherwise bare N42, also lying around....

Still the RB20DET is a better way to do things.

Actually, looking at your car in its 'before' state, I reckon I had a look at it in a car yard down south in around 1995!

just found out that i do need signal for speed sensing for the ecu... now the question i need to ask is the signal a square wave...(negitavely earth) or saw tooth wave ( poistively earthed). if i can find out i might be able to use a pulse generator that they can fit speedo cable ( ones they use for retro fit of speed alerts on aftyermarket cars)......