SAU Community

eclipse gs-t front wheel drive dyno - 200hp

k_hole

I'm not sure... but there is a strange black car that drives around Newcastle and I'm 85% sure its an eclipse... I've only ever seen it going in the opposite direction so i cant be sure...

I think they only came out in LHD, and as such can not be imported without substantial costs. However, there may e a couple around from private vehicle importers or whatever (when u buy a car while your working overseas and want to bring it back with you).

In Canberra, we spotted a Eagle Talon driving around (The Eclipse was made by Diamond Star Motors, it was a common platform shared across 3 manufacturers, Mitsubishi, Eagle and Dodge or something - all cars are virtually identical, just cosmetically different).

We followed the guy driving it to some shops where he got out, and we asked him where/how he got the car. Had very strong American accent and proceeded to tell us he was an American diplomat in Australia.

Very phatness car though, still LHD and all :D

they are also known as a DSM. well i think its the AWD version is called the DSM. there are heaps of sites around if u wanna research, my mate was going to get one, but i dont think anyone can comply them in aus?

p1r4t8r - yep thats the one :)

eXc - As said above, DSM (Diamond Star Motors) was a company formed by Mitsubishi, Chrysler (Eagle) and Plymouth. The made the chassis of the car which became the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon and Plymouth Laser. All cars were mechanically identical, exterior body parts were different though :)

hey guys i see your interested in eclipses i actually happen to own one my is a 2nd gen 97 eclipse rs na but soon to have a turbo (probably a star kit or hahn haven't decided yet)

but to answer the model and turbo or non questions for you

the models of each company vary(eagle models are esi,tsi and lasers were only turbo) the mitsubishi models are the rs like mine is non turbo about 135whp from mitsubishi the gs which is basically a rs with power windows a moon roof cruise and a rear wiper same hp

the gs- t is front wheel drive like the other two the only diffrence is here instead of having a 420a non turbo it comes with a motor out of an evo called the 4g63 which some of you may already know

and last but no least the gsx mitsubishis greatest production next to the evo and the vr-4 3000gt its awd a 4g63 like the gs-t and the same horspower about 165 to the wheels but the jury is still out on what is the greatest dsm

also dsm covers all kinds of mitsubishis including 1st and 2nd gen eclipses(not the third gen too much chrysler involved) the evos even jdm ones the 3000gts turbo and non and galant vr-4s i'm not really sure why they don't include ftos or gtos or other jdms if they use all 8 editions of the evo

if you have anymore questions i would check out dsmtuners.com great site

p.s. ill send you guys a picture of mine