SAU Community

Whats A Fair Price For A R32 Skyline

Im looking at buying a R32 Skyline as i love the shape and wondering whats a fair price to pay for one. There is currently two im looking at

1st one is this

R32 GTS-T, 1989, Black, 71,000 Kms, Completely stock standard, excellent condition. $12,500 negotiable.

2nd one is this

Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T 1992, grey, GTR kit, exhaust, front mount, boost controller, boost gauge, heavy duty clutch, CD player, low kms, excellent condition, $18500

Are these good prices or not. I personally think that they are a little dear but dont really know. Any help would be great.

Im looking at buying a R32 Skyline as i love the shape and wondering whats a fair price to pay for one. There is currently two im looking at  

1st one is this

R32 GTS-T, 1989, Black, 71,000 Kms, Completely stock standard, excellent condition. $12,500 negotiable.

2nd one is this  

Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T 1992, grey, GTR kit, exhaust, front mount, boost controller, boost gauge, heavy duty clutch, CD player, low kms, excellent condition, $18500  

Are these good prices or not. I personally think that they are a little dear but dont really know. Any help would be great.

Just sold mine recently, sounds very similar to the second one...

it sold for $17 500 in the end - although it took me 9 months to sell it, and that was consistent advertising.

Here is the link so you can compare....

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=49549

but remember what I said, $18 500 is ALOT of money for a R32 that doesn't seem to be highliy modified actually or have many goodies with it. Me personally, I wouldn't pay that much for a R32 unless it had 5 times the amount of goodies this one has.

Also, don't believe the whole "low kms" thing add a 1 or even a 2 in front of what is advertised (yes I am generalising, but it is a confident guess).

He'll probably tell you to **** off.. I would.. If you are asking a price, you obviously are doing it for a reason, and because you know you can get it. That is a very fair price for that sort of car in today's market, even if it is 89.

With the 2nd one, that is pretty high, unless you really, really must have an R32. You could get the same, if not further modified R33 for that price, and the R33 has many advantages and would hold the resale better/easier to sell probably.

He'll probably tell you to **** off.. I would.. If you are asking a price, you obviously are doing it for a reason, and because you know you can get it. That is a very fair price for that sort of car in today's market, even if it is 89.  

You're an idiot. The guy's probably imported a cheap 89 model and he's trying to make super profits.

For the second R32 would $16,00 be a fair price as its been advertised for two weeks now?

I will keep my eye on that one.

As for the first R32 i wuld pay around $11,000 for it max

Is this the one? If so the owner of that car paid just over $15K and is selling due to buying a house. It is immaculate though and well looked after.

You're an idiot. The guy's probably imported a cheap 89 model and he's trying to make super profits.

Well obviously, but good on him. His aim is to make a profit. What choice do you have? Don't buy the car at all, or try and cut into his profit.. which he should know he will get compared to all others available in the market when the correct seller comes along (which isn't the guy trying to beat him down a heap of money). Who else can import a 'super cheap 89 model' in another weeks time? I know it seems "unfair" but that's business, that's life.

Anyhow, it's perfectly possible it's nearly cost him $12k to get it to that point.. 350,000 yen car.. over here, $10k, $2k for compliance and onroad costs.

Usually profit makers aren't in it for the short haul, they can wait 2-3 months to sell the car, as a few thousand dollars is worth taking longer to sell.

I think both those prices are expensive.

I wouldn't pay over $11K for 89 model that is modified.

I wouldn't pay over $16K for a 92, 93 model with minor mods. (exhaust, filter, etc..)

there is a black one on these forums with an RB25 and 200+rwkw for $15K I think..

I believe he just took it off the market though.. but it will come back on.

$18 500 aint bad for a 32. Gotta remember they aint your normal street car. The only way you will get quality imports is to buy them yourself straight off the ship. But then u need to know people in the game to get you in to see them. But prices vary and majority of it is the quality of the car. I paid 17 990 for mine and am the first owner in australia. Outside is pretty stock with 16 " enkei wheels. But has all new ECU and still tuned from Japan. All suspension done springs etc. Cheaper car have been here longer, and we f@#k them pretty quick. Take your time, make sure you know what your buying

The asking prices are fair considering you will negotiate it down a bit.

If you go for an R33 there are way more to choose from but again much harded to sell due to the number of them for sale. Just look at the Trading post and compare the number of R32 and R33 for sale and there's 10 times more R33's then R32's.

Also, the R32 looks better. :(;):)

Even with little GTSTs you get what you pay for. Ppl will always ask good money for good cars, if its cheap...just make sure its what you want.

If you start saying that you can get an R33 for the same money...well you dont really want an R32 then do you? Someone after a 32 will pay what the car is worth on merit...well at least thats what im hoping....as thats how i think:)

... Cheaper car have been here longer, and we f@#k them pretty quick. Take your time, make sure you know what your buying

Is this really true. Id say your a much better chance of getting a quality car beuying locally. You are always rolling the dice buying from Japan. You can have the car inspected, know ppl whi will inspect, but the car still has to survive the treasure raid on the docks etc and bumps and scratches in shipping.

LOL, and i for one do not believe we are any harder on cars then the average Jap enthusiasts. If anything id say we are easier. Servicing on average seems better locally, and wiht Aus roads and Police ebing what they are, Aus owners have to be fairly adventurous to get up to too much mischief, where im let to believe the Japanese car enthusiasts has it far more his own way when enjoying the car on the road?!?!?!?!

But as a whole, a car nutter is a car nutter, be it an Aussie or a Jap owner, they are equally likely to have flogged the car senseless:)

there is a black one on these forums with an RB25 and 200+rwkw for $15K I think..

I believe he just took it off the market though.. but it will come back on.

and its probably trashed too!

honestly i'd prefer a stockie r32 than a modified item as you dont know "WHAT" is the real reason why he is selling ...

yeh modified cars are alot of fun to buy as a good package but the fun may only last you 2-3months b4 u start spending alot of cash in parts n shiet..

i bought one recently a r32 1993... with filter, exhaust, and front bar & GTR wing, 17x9 blitz wheels, full trust suspension, and 86 thousand k's .. for 14g's ... the only reason why i would pay that much is bcoz i bought the car from my 38yr old cousin who has a family and has 3 cars which he hardly drives the car ..

he was the second owner as he imported the car through a dealership in five dock .. about 3 yrs ago for 25g'..(came to australia as is, and had 73 thousand k's)

i bellieve he got rotted from the dealership ..but i got a good bargain as its in excellent condition and not a single oil leak ..or squeeky noise.

shop wisely as anything u spend over 10'g is alot of money ..specially if u dont want any headaches nor lemons!!

"thats my two cents"

good luck

I reckon go the stocky....

Make sure it not too baddly damaged (scrathces) and go from there. Bash it round, mod it a little and learn from it. Then in a years time once your confident buy a GTR... LOL

Nah seriouslly i started out in a pair of R31 GTS-X's cause they were cheap... Didnt really matter if it hailed (well the first one i didnt care about and the second one was mint)...

I paid 8k for my second R31 GTS-X and traded it 3 years later for 10k.... So its all about treatment and mods.. I got money back on the car, mod money was the cost of driving it... LOL

Well I don't know.. some seem to think an R32 should only be worth is $10k.. thing is they're not.. or they would be $10k.. And if they're above $10k, and you don't want to pay that much.. Don't buy one.

Compare it to what else you get from 89-93, that has climate control, elec windows, elec mirrors, bucket seats, 4 pot brakes that stop on a dime, very nimble handling, about 160kw and to some looks nice and sporty. Oh, and I'd say they are very reliable cars, as long as you know what you are doing.

Previously I had a 180rwkw R33 which I had for nearly 2 years, bought with roughly the same power figures (i.e. well above stock), not one problem, and as far as I know, when I sold it equally without problems. I wasn't that gentle, and I know the stories of quite a few others on this forum which have equally few problems.

Try buying a 15 year old SS, Magna, Porsche, Lancer, etc and see how that treats you in terms of dramas ;)

I have no problems buying modified cars, but I would prefer to do it locally, where I can inspect the car myself.